Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Car crashes into building - please post your Local news stories

Running this one up the flagpole to see who salutes... 

I just don't remember this being a thing until recently, now it seems a daily occurrence.
Could it be that there are drivers not up to the job, too many cars; should houses be made to ride in single file, shops put on high viz, why are we putting newer buildings in danger like this, it's irresponsible. 

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/18649201.car-crash-wall-iceland-s...

'A Dorset Police spokesperson said: "Dorset Police was called at 12.48pm on Thursday, August 13, to a report of a collision involving a car and a wall outside Iceland on Poole Road in Bournemouth.

"It is reported that the vehicle was also in collision with a pedestrian, but they did not require medical treatment." ' 

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

2602 comments

ktache replied to Hirsute | 2 years ago
3 likes

"They also said "With rain now on the roads please bear this in mind before planting the loud pedal"

Watching ch5s Motorway (it's no Police Interceptors), a Lamborghini managed to crash in the rain, a brand known for awful handling, what with its 4 wheel drive and motorways being mostly straight lines...

ktache replied to Hirsute | 2 years ago
1 like
David9694 replied to David9694 | 2 years ago
3 likes
mattw replied to David9694 | 2 years ago
0 likes

8 week suspended jail sentence.

Four year Ban.

Costs and victim surcharge.

20 days public service unpaid work (I assume the unpaid work).

- Ouch.

steaders1 replied to David9694 | 2 years ago
1 like

A bit of T cut would sort that

David9694 replied to giff77 | 2 years ago
3 likes

Here's the Google view.

AlsoSomniloquism replied to Jogle | 2 years ago
2 likes

Strange how some of the people who own those vehicles state they want "bigger cars to keep the occupants safe", yet flip onto their side or roof at the drop of a hat.

ktache replied to Jogle | 2 years ago
2 likes
AlsoSomniloquism replied to Hirsute | 2 years ago
2 likes

I did wonder how much over the speed limit he was doing. I'm assuming twitter user is guessing on exact speed but must have been at 3 figures. Careless Driving? Maybe a year or two in jail if he gets a "strong" judge. (Speed limit is 40mph there).

Surprised Grant hasn't insisted on speed limiters in newer cars being as the technology exists nowadays.

David9694 replied to Jogle | 2 years ago
0 likes

Was he collecting a prescription for cycling? Like bring your old medicines in for safe disposal?

hutchdaddy replied to David9694 | 2 years ago
1 like

Evidently they don't trust drivers to drive safely through the drive-thru. It's a wonder they don't close it down for everybody's safety.

David9694 replied to Jogle | 2 years ago
0 likes

I think strictly speaking they have to hit a structure, or at least be pictured doing something unusual but hey

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/ashford/news/large-emergency-response-as-ca...

Sriracha replied to Jogle | 2 years ago
3 likes
Quote:

his vehicle was in a collision with East Linton Bridge

But who was to blame - the vehicle or East Linton Bridge? And where was he whilst his vehicle was involved in these shenanigans?

chrisonabike replied to NOtotheEU | 2 years ago
1 like

Spontaneous vehicular combustion.  "Everything in front of the rear wheels was reduced to ash, yet a pair of furry dice lay untouched amid the embers".

Possibly being driven by a Spinal Tap drummer?

mattw replied to David9694 | 2 years ago
0 likes

Checking up, that one Connor Gordon got a 40 month ban, and a small fine.

-------------------

Conner Jake Gordon

Grose Meadows

St Dennis

Aged: 24

On July 29 in Penzance drove whilst over the drink drive limit.

Fined £250. To pay a surcharge to fund victim services of £100. To pay costs of £85 to the Crown Prosecution Service. Disqualified for holding or obtaining a driving licence for 40 months.

https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/cornwall-news/stalkers-domestic-abuser...

David9694 replied to Hirsute | 2 years ago
2 likes

PS On the Eastern Daily Press site, there's a "watch local videos" spinner in most stories, which has various dashcam compilations, including from a driving instructor under the category of "look what this idiot did". I guess it's designed to draw you in - and it works. The frame below, is as you probably can see, a dual carriageway...

David9694 replied to andystow | 2 years ago
2 likes

Food for though, isn't it. 

David9694 replied to chrisonabike | 2 years ago
2 likes

Yeah, in a different world we'd be better at separating the sheep from goats for diversion to effective social service / mental health support early doors. Or - if we want to run a more individualistic model (like US) - just lock people up (or allow citizens to do DIY law and order). However it seems we're falling between those stools, at least when it comes to the roads.[/quote

You mean like do a high-speed reverse up the road with a view to "getting" a cyclist?

IanMSpencer replied to AlsoSomniloquism | 2 years ago
0 likes

There was that really odd one about a year ago where a Kia at Robin Hood island in Shirley rode up the back of a roundish car and tipped over at about 5mph. Doubt it would pass an Elk test.

giff77 replied to David9694 | 2 years ago
1 like

David9694 wrote:

Here's the Google view.

Thats the one. Out of the junction and into the tower block. Here's a clip of them getting it out. At the beginning you can see the tyre tracks and the remains of the fence. I'm nearly sure I've seen and been passed by that same A4 on various occasions. He really pays no attention to speed limits. 

https://youtu.be/TI5-25cy-DI

Hirsute replied to AlsoSomniloquism | 2 years ago
1 like

I thought it was a guess but very fast sums it up.

Dangerous driving easily.

David9694 replied to hutchdaddy | 2 years ago
0 likes

There's at least couple of entries where the building hit is part of a drive thru. 

Jogle replied to Sriracha | 2 years ago
3 likes
Sriracha wrote:
Quote:

his vehicle was in a collision with East Linton Bridge

But who was to blame - the vehicle or East Linton Bridge? And where was he whilst his vehicle was involved in these shenanigans?

I think that it must be the vehicle as the owner has been reported for traffic offences. I imagine that it's like failure to keep a dog under control and that the owner was running after the car trying to get it back. Fenton! Fenton! Fenton!

mark1a replied to chrisonabike | 2 years ago
1 like

Check for globules. 

chrisonabike replied to David9694 | 2 years ago
0 likes

Had in mind some of our occasional contributors who feel that their firearms make them safer - I guess I had a vision of that cyclist shouting "he's coming right for me" before shooting at the driver. But yes, we already have too many Judge Dredds about and they're not cycling.

AlsoSomniloquism replied to IanMSpencer | 2 years ago
0 likes

That came to mind, thought that it was a Land /Range Rover though. The other car was the sporty version of the Yaris so one of the smallest cars on the roads. 

David9694 replied to giff77 | 2 years ago
2 likes

Thanks I had a quick look; first up, got an advert for the Jaguar Land Rover Dieselgate class action.  Cars really are shit in every way. 

IanMSpencer replied to Hirsute | 2 years ago
3 likes

Surely just a momentary lapse? At that speed, crashing quite forgivable in the UK courts.

I wonder how many seconds before it was just a good laugh hooning around at 3:30am?

David9694 replied to IanMSpencer | 2 years ago
0 likes

A brief and momentary incident, over in seconds. 

pockstone replied to Hirsute | 2 years ago
5 likes

Collisions between fast moving trains and cars tend to be 'short-lived'. It's the grief and misery thereafter that last forever. This bloke has got away about as lightly as he could have (along with 100 potential casualties on the train.) 

I hope he's learned his lesson. (Though the not guilty plea suggests otherwise.)

Pages

Latest Comments