1. City of London urges "irresponsible cyclists" to curb their speed
City of London Corporation, which governs the Square Mile, says that “irresponsible cyclists” who ride too quickly are threatening initiatives aimed at promoting cycling, such as the ban on vehicles other than buses and bicycles at Bank Junction.
2. Video: Frustrated London cyclist uses air horn to clear cycle lanes of pedestrians
Would this count as irresponsible?
3. The Tour of Britain route’s been unveiled – and it looks like it should be a cracking race
A team time trial up Whinlatter Pass anyone?
4. Raleigh Chopper vs Alpe d'Huez (+ videos)
Matt Richardson took on one of cycling's most famous climbs on a Chopper... then he rode it again with his 10-year-old son.
5. They’re going to have a Formula 1 grid-style start for that 65km Tour de France stage in the Pyrenees
It’s uphill from the start. “Anyone who wants to sprint to the foot of that bottleneck can do so,” said route director Thierry Gouvenou.
6. Canyon adds new Campagnolo-equipped Ultimate and Endurace bikes to range
It’s increasingly difficult to find new Campagnolo-equipped bikes, but Canyon is offering four road bikes with the Italian company’s groupsets this year.
7. Zwift to add part of 2018 Road Worlds course
Will the pros use it for a bit of a reccy?
8. Community order and 18-month ban for driver who killed oncoming cyclist while overtaking
She pleaded guilty to causing death by careless driving, but prosecutors decided against asking for a second trial when a jury was unable to reach a decision on the greater charge of causing death by dangerous driving.
9. Man who made fraudulent pothole claim for cycling injury jailed for three and a half years
Slight contrast in sentencing compared to the above story.
10. Near Miss of the Week: Cyclist almost doored by car passenger at roundabout
Someone needs to learn the Dutch Reach technique of opening car doors.