Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Urgent admin attention required: Team selection broken all competitions

Dave et al

Servers seem to be screwed when trying to pick a team or make transfers for any competition.

Will this be fixed before the giro start?  102

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

156 comments

simon F | 8 years ago
0 likes

The times don't seem to match up. The dashboard was showing 12:00 as the deadline (although this seems to have changed to 1pm) but the countdown on the transfer page was showing the deadline as 1pm (now changed to 2pm). Is the dashboard showing GMT?

Will we at least be given sufficient transfers to select teams when the problem is fixed? Otherwise, many of us will have no purist or "5 italians" teams, and have to use 20% of the tour transfers just to pick an initial standard team, which will put us at a massive disadvantage whatever decision is made regarding scores.

dave atkinson | 8 years ago
0 likes

Working to try and fix but the problem isn't obvious. Will report back and take a view on the giro scoring later. Apologies to all

chiv30 | 8 years ago
0 likes

Cheers Ter
I'm not gonna lay blame at anyone's feet but this is the first GT of the year and although Im a premium members there are many others who aren't will want to play this GT and for the system to go bang a day before and still be down isn't good for anyone including road.cc

Very frustrating as it's not the first time this year there has been site issues

simon F | 8 years ago
0 likes

Have the rider values changed today? I managed to select a full purist team at one point, although it didn't failed when I tried to save it. That same team now seems to be over budget.

TERatcliffe26 replied to simon F | 8 years ago
0 likes
simon F wrote:

Have the rider values changed today? I managed to select a full purist team at one point, although it didn't failed when I tried to save it. That same team now seems to be over budget.

Shouldnt have done unless i clicked something by accident trying to fix it

Joelsim | 8 years ago
0 likes

Seems to be working now, albeit extremely slowly

Abbie | 8 years ago
0 likes

Didn't get to complete my purist team last night. Had one rider to complete and it took the last place away, so I only had an 8 rider team which then put me in the red  14
Tried again this morning and couldn't even get the page up. So no purist team for me  20

Phil H | 8 years ago
0 likes

Me too. I would hope they allow purist teams to be chosen at the point when they fix it?

smiley_boy2501 | 8 years ago
0 likes

It's not the scores for stage 1 I'm that bothered about tbh. It's the purist teams. That's my favourite bit!

Phil H | 8 years ago
0 likes

Are you going to post on the news page that there is a problem & likely stage is to be neutralised?

nemysys | 8 years ago
0 likes

12:49.. just getting HTTP 500 Internal Server Error...

No scores for anyone on Stage 1 ... only seems fair...?

Disappointed...!

TERatcliffe26 | 8 years ago
0 likes

Whatever the problem is major, as even when i try to turn the game off to try and reset it, i get the service is down message, so its something thats totally out of my control.

As for the scores, i will score it just incase and then let dave decide.

Sorry guys ive tried everything i could have tried

Jonas Lorenzen | 8 years ago
0 likes

Frustrating...  14 no scores for 1st stage in all comps seems fair.

Feltrider2015 | 8 years ago
0 likes

Ditto still not working

smiley_boy2501 | 8 years ago
0 likes

Ain't nobody got time for this.....I'm going to buy some beer and enjoy the racing

simon F | 8 years ago
0 likes

First team doesn't start until 14:10 (UK time) - could you at least punt the deadline to 2pm? whilst shouting loudly in the direction of road.cc

0 likes

Not sure what else i can say or do to be honest, and i understand people will not be happy about this

simon F | 8 years ago
0 likes

Frankly I'm extremely pissed off. I paid for premium membership, and have every year since it was an option, because I really enjoy the game. I'm not keen on the new transfer rules although I dare say I would have got used to them but now, one of the races I look forward to the most is totally unplayable, and there's nobody available to sort it.

0 likes

I dont know whether dave is back tomorrow or not, as i was gonna be scoring cali anyway, but he only asked about scoring stage 1 so heres hoping hes back tomorrow.

Cant really say what will happen, but i dont have anyway of directly contacting him

mdavidford | 8 years ago
0 likes

Scoring should be scrapped for this stage, and unlimited transfers allowed for stage 2.

simon F | 8 years ago
0 likes

Some sort of decision is needed. If the deadline passes we won't be able to pick purist or 5 Italian teams at all, and will need to waste loads of transfers to pick a standard team. The competition and, to some extent the whole season, will be pointless for many of us by then. There's 46 mins left to the deadline - I've been trying to pick teams for 18 hours now and still no joy.

If Dave's away, is this going to screw up the AToC as well? This whole fuckup is going to spoil a very large part of my enjoyment in the rest of the season if it can't be fixed in a way which doesn't disadvantage those of us who haven't managed to pick teams.

0 likes

Dave is away  39 (as im doing the scoring tonight)

Nothing I can do from my end

cjk99 replied to TERatcliffe26 | 8 years ago
0 likes

I think I have finally managed to get 3 teams entered (ater about 4 hours of trying!) Is there any way you can confirm if they have all gone though, getting server crash issues again when trying to check them

Alan Tullett | 8 years ago
0 likes

Given up ! Going shopping.

jasecd | 8 years ago
0 likes

Still not working. Very disappointing...

Joelsim | 8 years ago
0 likes

The deadline was 8am this morning

backflipbedlem replied to Joelsim | 8 years ago
0 likes
Joelsim wrote:

The deadline was 8am this morning

Yea thats what I thought, but I think they pushed it back because of the problems.
Glad I picked my team this week

nemysys | 8 years ago
0 likes

11:18 still problems... pick three riders and that's it... game just freezes...

Hope the techies are working on it...?

simon F | 8 years ago
0 likes

Some information would be nice, like What's wrong?, when will it be fixed? and what's going to be done to make it fair for all if we can't pick teams before the deadline.

Alan Tullett | 8 years ago
0 likes

I get the service but rider pages are taking ages to load but the rest of the site is fine.

Pages

Latest Comments