Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Six fire engines attend ebike battery blaze in flat

Fire investigators believe a charging ebike battery failed, causing fire damage to one flat and heat damage to a second. No-one was seriously hurt

Six fire engines and 35 firefighters attended a fire yesterday afternoon, which is thought to have started when an e-bike battery overheated.

The blaze broke out in a second floor apartment in Camberwell Road, South London, at 2.33pm yesterday.

Investigators believe the fire started when a lithium ion battery, from an e-bike, overheated while being charged.

Bike lights explode, almost burn down cyclist's house

Two residents of the flat called neighbours, who alerted the fire brigade.

The fire was under control at around 4.30pm, after firefighters from five fire stations attended. London Ambulance Service treated two people at the scene.

A third of the flat was damaged by fire and the flat above suffered heat damage.

 

Latest Comments