Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Temple Cycles - Classic Tour

What’s that, a steel frame, running rim brakes, bar-end shifters and a 1” quill stem??

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

chrisonabike | 1 month ago
1 like

Looks good and almost certainly does what it says on the tin - "classic tourer".

... But - horizontal drop-outs on a tourer though? Is this "frameset re-use" from eg. their "Classic Singlespeed" or for the Rohloff-fanciers? Doubt the latter as I'm not seeing they offer that as an option (would double the price! ). Curious.

Also the quoted weight is rather light for a steel tourer (mind I'm probably judging by a couple of decades back...)

I happily toured on 28mm tyres for years but now would probably go a bit larger - but it looks like it is indeed "classic" and might struggle.

chrisonabike | 1 month ago
1 like

I'm not sure I will be buying new bikes again after my last eloped with a thief, returned but keeps bucking me off... but my decades-old upright tourer is now not in a condition I'd trust on a tour. So if I fancy a non-recumbent mission ... (talks self into visiting site)...

brooksby | 1 month ago
3 likes

Coincidence but I was just browsing the Temple site. My boss keeps dropping hints about the cycle to work schemes, and Temple's bikes are very nice...

David9694 | 1 month ago
2 likes

But I do have to say to this rider, cover your shoulders and that bit of midriff - otherwise sunburn and windchill will come for you. 

Latest Comments