Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Customer service from bike retail

Had to just vent some spleen on this to be honest. It seems like 90% of anything to do with bike retail the customer service is either non existent or woeful. 

I'm not going to name and shame as it's already been done on here for the most part. But, it feels to me as if the moment we all press 'buy' on a website, the retailers see this as 'we've got their money, they'll get their stuff when it gets to them, so we don't need to bother updating our customers or letting them know what is actually happening'.

Appreciate that there is issues with supply chains, but how hard is it to actually come clean and admit when people are going to get their stuff? Maybe retailers are worried people are going to cancel orders? In my opinion people are more likely to cancel orders due to shoddy customer service and being given some cock and bull delivery date whic we all know as customers is going to get extended again right at the last minute. 

Bike shops and retailers: Just up your game, be honest, and remember who is actually paying your wages. 

Rant over

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Latest Comments