Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Back pedal woes

Problem statement - when I back-pedal in big-big the chain ships down to the small ring. I noticed this when switching chainsets (52-36 to a 50-34) and fitting a new BB. It may have been a thing that could've happened before but never did.

I've swapped mech hanger, rear mech, other 50-34 chainset, rear wheel, back to the original BB - the issue persists. Sram red22 GXP on a modern steel frame, chain and cassette are new.

Does anyone have any ideas? Is it looking like the frame is the problem?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Latest Comments

• IanMSpencer 2 sec ago

My only issue with the old 4600 was that my Kinesis T2 frame required long drop brakes and the levers had a very low pivot point. The combination...

• Rendel Harris 9 min 18 sec ago

After burning off the lights you start flicking your elbows at the eighty-year-old grandmother on a Raleigh shopper behind you and slow down and...

• Rendel Harris 29 min 39 sec ago

I share your cynicism, but aren't all top-end aero bike seatposts custom/proprietary these days? In any case, I doubt someone who can afford £13.5k...

• Rendel Harris 1 hour 56 min ago

That would be a bit more credible if they hadn't gone all out to try and get Cav the record last year, wouldn't it?

• Mungecrundle 3 hours 27 min ago

Professional advice is always your gold standard. A GP referal is a good place to start but accessing those services can be difficult given the...

• d_jp 7 hours 3 min ago

'that was "grippy" / a "grippy" stage' 'i love echelons' ... Adam Blythe

• Lemonyhills 7 hours 16 min ago

These would be ideal for security in the garage, and out and about for our bikes lost two in the past.

• dabba 7 hours 53 min ago

I bought an Anker 15w solar panel set to try for touring in Australia. It wasn't a success for me. I tried draping it over the rear panniers while...

• capedcrusader 8 hours 34 min ago

Re: Early morning raid on BV....

• 11waterloo 8 hours 47 min ago

Agreed on that, he was definitely part of my first week plans! Not to mention my French riders team - that is in tatters without Le Coq!