Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Who is going to win it then.

I thinks after thursday we will have a really good idea about whos going to win it. Uually by this time in a GT all the points start to go up in the leagues because it is quite clear who is going to win.
My prediction is this... If cont the Schlecks and Evans keep on tracking the stage winners and faffing about, S Sanchez and Cunego, could screw them.
The winner will come from GC 1-8 and Uran will podium. eh definately maybe.  26

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

16 comments

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Its between the Schlecks and Evans now, Voeckler has been doing very well, but his TT isn't that good compared to the others

Condator - Gone Sammy - Gone

Squiggle | 12 years ago
0 likes

Pretty clear now that Tommy Voeckler has pulled an absolutely cracking swifty on everyone! Wonder if he's made as much improvement in his time trialling as he has his climbing!  41

londonplayer | 12 years ago
0 likes

I hope Evans doesn't win it. He is probably the most boring cyclist in the world.

Simon_MacMichael replied to londonplayer | 12 years ago
0 likes
londonplayer wrote:

I hope Evans doesn't win it. He is probably the most boring cyclist in the world.

Really?

Mendrisio 2009, Fleche Wallonne 2010, strade bianche stage of the 2010 Giro, Mur de Bretagne stage of this year's TDF?

All of them won with big, exciting attacks when many of the other star names were too busy watching each other.

And then there's that monumental ride when he tried to hold onto the maillot jaune last year despite having a fractured elbow.

Certainly earlier in his career Evans didn't seem to go out of his way to win fans, but I reckon he's been a changed rider since he won the rainbow jersey and I know I'm not the only one who thinks that.

John Molloy | 12 years ago
0 likes

Cadel Evans, providing he doesn't crash, runs away with it. Don't discount the wily Contador! He'll go down fighting! The Schlecks are trying to cover potential winners but are forgetting to put in a show themselves. Look like scaredy cats to me! I would just love it if Cav wins green jersey & come on Geraint Thomas, gerrin in there. Doesn't Tommy Voeckler deserve it for being such a nice guy. Let's see more nice guys up there!  19 Geordie Legend

Simon_MacMichael replied to John Molloy | 12 years ago
0 likes
John Molloy wrote:

The Schlecks are trying to cover potential winners but are forgetting to put in a show themselves. Look like scaredy cats to me!

Hopefully with Andy having lost the best part of a minute yesterday, Nygaard and co will have sat down yesterday evening and worked out that the only chance of getting a podium this year is if everything goes behind Frank's efforts.

Andy attacking off the front on the Galibier tomorrow to try and break the other big names while Frank sits back and waits to make his move.

It won't happen though.

Argy | 12 years ago
0 likes

1. Evans
2. Contador
3. Andy Schleck

rbx | 12 years ago
0 likes

On current form and standings, I'd go with Evans.

However, as we all know, everything can change on stages 18 & 19. Drastically.

Podium trio should be Cadel, Contador and one of the Schleks. What order? Dunno  22

Martin Thomas | 12 years ago
0 likes

I'm thinking Evans/Frank Schleck/Contador

I'm hoping Voeckler/Contador/Sanchez

Rock on Tommy!

TheHatter | 12 years ago
0 likes

Evans looks the strongest at the moment - though how gutted now much poor Wiggo be given there is no stand out rider?

Stumps | 12 years ago
0 likes

If Contador is over his knee problem then look no further for him to win, BUT, if not then i think Evans will do it purely on his TT skills which knock the spots off the Leopard team (sorry about the pun !)  4

thefatcyclist | 12 years ago
0 likes

This is promising.

Forecaster Giezendanner confirmed this year's snowfalls are indeed seasonal.

He predicts rain on stage 16 to Gap, Tuesday. "Rainfalls will go with the race almost the whole day. Sunny periods will be rare. The race the bad weather will both head north."

Stage 17 to Pinerolo will be quite warm, with a 30°C temperature expected at the finish.

Thursday, the finish to the top of Galibier will be sunny too and the riders will have a tailwind during the stage. The temperature at the finish is estimated to be about 6°C.

It'll be a bit warmer Friday for the second Galibier ascent, en route to Alpe d'Huez, with 7 to 8°C at the summit of mythical pass and 12 to 13°C at the finish.

"Of course the temperature is differently appreciated with the sun," Giezendanner said. "6°C temperatures are really sustainable if the sky is clear but you'll be frozen if you are in the shade. Fortunately the next days at the Tour won't be cloudy too much."

thefatcyclist | 12 years ago
0 likes

I must have pressed a wrong button, my last post disappeared. REpost.

Are the favourites. 1. all at the peak of their game
or 2 All below par.
Did the Schlecks get half a tactical brain each?

This quote from elsewhere mayde me laugh and laugh. Calling all LOTR fans.

Bjarne Riis has yet to reveal his deadliest servant. The one who will lead the Danish armies in war. The one they say no living man can drop. Alberto Contador of Pinto. You’ve met him before. He stabbed Andy's chain at Port de Balés. He is the lord of Saxobank, the greatest of the Nine.  1

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Just copying and pasting here  19

If the Galibier does not get cancelled because of the snow....
1. Contador
2. Evans
3. Schleck (dont know which one)

If they cannot do Galibier....
1. Evans
2. Frank Schleck
3. Andy Schleck

I dont think Voeckler can keep a top 3 either up the mountains or in the TT

Squiggle | 12 years ago
0 likes

Evans will either win it or crash out.
Contador will either be 2nd or win it if Evans crashes.
Andy Schleck will hang on to 3rd.
Sanchez 4th in polka dots.
Frank 5th.
Cav in green.
Uran in white.
Voeckler in top 10.
Vanendert in top 10.

As you said definitely maybe.  26

STEVESPRO 79 | 12 years ago
0 likes

If the Galibier does not get cancelled because of the snow....
1. Contador
2. Sanchez
3. Evans

If they cannot do Galibier....
1. Evans
2. Voeckler
3. Sanchez

Latest Comments