Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Another bike choice dilemma...

Hi everyone!

My colleague in our little bike shop recently (yesterday) reviewed his new Van Rysel. As I'm looking for a new road bike too, I went and purchased the Bowman Cycles Palace:R after reading all these reviews. I've sold my previous road bike so no components left. I now have three options for group and wheelset combinations for the bike to be around 2000£. The first one is Potenza with Zonda wheels, the second is Chorus 11 with Khamsin and the third is Chorus 12 with Khamsin. The rest I've already bought so these are my only choices. Which one should I get? I would mind on missing out Ultrashift but the first bundle gives me better wheels. I don't have any problem at missing out 12 speed though.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

3 comments

EddyBerckx | 4 years ago
0 likes

I'd get the one with the better wheels myself

Dingaling | 4 years ago
0 likes

In case it helps: Two years ago I built a road bike for my daughter and put the Potenza group set on it (except hubs). Absolutely no trouble with it whatsoever. The wheelset was Mavic Ksyrium Elite.

matthewn5 | 4 years ago
0 likes

Why not buy the Potenza group with Chorus shifters then? That will get you Ultrashift for only a bit more than the Potenza group.

I've got an Athena group with Chorus shifters on my commute bike, and it's been brilliant, still crisp and precise now about 4000km on it.

Latest Comments