Home

Anyone suffered with rattles from the new 105 hydraulic shifters. The only way I can stop it is by riding with my fingers on the shifters or of course by riding on smooth roads (tricky in SE UK)

7 comments

Tbike [4 posts] 2 months ago
0 likes

Yes I've noticed if I take my hand off the right hood there's a rattling sound, don't get it on the left one.

Rich_cb [912 posts] 2 months ago
0 likes

I had this exact problem with the old 105 hydraulic shifters.

Had to strip the shifter down to find the offending screw.

If I remember correctly it was under the little plastic plate at the front of the hood.

Wiggybear [2 posts] 2 months ago
0 likes

Think I’ve solved it. Folded duct tape to make a little pad and stuck it to top of break lever inside the front of the hood. 

heliuscc [9 posts] 2 months ago
0 likes

Had same, right hand shifter. Shimano warrantied it, new one fine

wajs [1 post] 2 months ago
0 likes

I have the same problem with right r7020. Anyone found a solution? 

cetie04 [1 post] 1 week ago
0 likes

I have the same problem on both shifters. After weeks of waiting, shimano finally sent new shifters to my bike shop ( don’t know who is to blame for the delay  ) Did my first ride this weekend , with new shifters... first bumpy road with some cobbles and afterwards  again the same rattle on and on. It drives me crazy. @wiggybear: duct tape solution still works? Any other solutions?

Wiggybear [2 posts] 1 week ago
0 likes

Duct tape is not 100% fix but definitely a great improvement. They only rattle now with my hand off the bar.