Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Tirreno-Adriatico

Crikey...this is a tough one to sort out. Expensive picks as well....

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

61 comments

Condor Andy replied to MinardiM189 | 5 years ago
0 likes

Cheers Minardi, I've found the downloadable results on the Tirreno website lists the results of sprints and KOMs. So no need to pay super close attention or do complicated maths  3

Well the KOMs are listed nicely and the sprints are in the text in the first pages before the stage results are listed.

Condor Andy | 5 years ago
0 likes

Update coming now, tricky to find intermediate and KOM results.

MinardiM189 replied to Condor Andy | 5 years ago
0 likes

Condor Andy wrote:

Update coming now, tricky to find intermediate and KOM results.

They are announced during the race on the Tirreno live feed - http://www.tirrenoadriatico.it/it/live/ . The feed is still there in the evening.

Although they did mix up Maestri & Bresciani on the firsr KoM.

MinardiM189 | 5 years ago
0 likes

Not too bad for me today despite not having Alaphilippe, Bettiol doing a great job for my team :).

Same team with Gaviria & Viviani for tomorrow. Saving transfers for later.

Glad I swapped out Thomas for Poels before the race started, looks like Thomas might be carrying a bug. That would explain why the TeamSky TTT was so disappointing.

Dr Winston replied to MinardiM189 | 5 years ago
0 likes

MinardiM189 wrote:

Not too bad for me today despite not having Alaphilippe, Bettiol doing a great job for my team :).

Glad I swapped out Thomas for Poels before the race started, looks like Thomas might be carrying a bug. That would explain why the TeamSky TTT was so disappointing.

Brought in Lutsenko and Yates but Lutsenko shot his bolt too early.

Sniffer replied to MinardiM189 | 5 years ago
0 likes

MinardiM189 wrote:

Did use three transfers, but they were Yates, Bettiol and GVA.  With Alaphippe too, not a bad day.

MinardiM189 replied to Sniffer | 5 years ago
0 likes

Sniffer wrote:

Did use three transfers, but they were Yates, Bettiol and GVA.  With Alaphippe too, not a bad day.

You could have done worse :).

Stage win ?

triccky100 replied to MinardiM189 | 5 years ago
0 likes

MinardiM189 wrote:

Sniffer wrote:

You could have done worse :).

Stage win ?

excellent changes Sniffer. I brought in Yates, Clarke and Vuillermoz, already had Alaph and GVA so overall not bad. Clarke looked good but went too early, Roglic looking super strong though...

JimD666 | 5 years ago
0 likes
Dr Winston replied to JimD666 | 5 years ago
0 likes

JimD666 wrote:

Wasn't too obsure  1 https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/racing/peter-sagan-expected-start-tir...

How the hell did I miss that...

Moscon abandons the race. 

0 likes

Same team as yesterday for me -

ROGLIC
DE PLUS
DUMOULIN
POELS
YATES A.
VUILLERMOZ
BETTIOL
VELASCO

Saving my transfers for later. With hindsight Alaphilippe would have been a better pick than Dumoulin but I will probably bring him in for stage4.

Hopefully DePlus doesn't have to do too much work and then get dropped in the finale.

Dr Winston | 5 years ago
0 likes

Really !!...Went with Sagan in my purist team who revealed last night he's been sick for a week and confined to quarters last week...and lost 4 kilos.

I'm having no luck at all in the purist game. 

MinardiM189 replied to Dr Winston | 5 years ago
0 likes

Dr Winston wrote:

Really !!...Went with Sagan in my purist team who revealed last night he's been sick for a week and confined to quarters last week...and lost 4 kilos.

Bad luck with that.

I was considering Sagan but wasn't sure how his form would be, I then read he had been ill and so ruled him out completely.

Even so he could do well in the 2 sprint stages. The finishes are very technical and being in the right position will count a lot.

0 likes

MinardiM189 wrote:

Dr Winston wrote:

Bad luck with that.

I was considering Sagan but wasn't sure how his form would be, I then read he had been ill and so ruled him out completely.

Even so he could do well in the 2 sprint stages. The finishes are very technical and being in the right position will count a lot.

l

Was it known then?...I saw nothing online.

MinardiM189 replied to Dr Winston | 5 years ago
0 likes

Dr Winston wrote:

I saw something online before the race but can't remember where.

0 likes

MinardiM189 wrote:

Dr Winston wrote:

I saw something online before the race but can't remember where.

Must have been fairly obscure. I scan cyclingpub and such like for news but nothing was said. Doesn’t really matter because we’ll all have some bad luck...I just seem to have had a run if it. 

I went without Bernal or Yates in Paris/Nice. I had what I thought was a great team that just got battered by the winds. Izagirre, Lopez and co are never bad picks and was on good form....mind you Yates also got battered by the winds as well...

stevemarks | 5 years ago
0 likes

Nailed the first stage in the Standard competition only one way to go from here!

I went big boys on the purist

Alaphilippe and Sagan

Yates, Fuglsang, van Marke, Wellens Bettiol and Hermans. 

Should be interesting really tries to get roglic in as well but the rest of the team looked so barren of potential points.

Dr Winston replied to stevemarks | 5 years ago
0 likes

stevemarks wrote:

Nailed the first stage in the Standard competition only one way to go from here!

Alaphilippe and Sagan

Should be interesting really tries to get roglic in as well but the rest of the team looked so barren of potential points.

Well done Steve. You’ve needed a big day. 

I’ve made a complete bllx of today...my turn...

In other news....I’ve almost finished doing up my 80’s Carrera Epic Steelie today after I received my unused replacement like for like Shimano brakes from Italy this morning. Just got to pick up a Selle Italia turbo saddle tomorrow and job done....photo to follow.

stevemarks replied to Dr Winston | 5 years ago
0 likes

Dr Winston wrote:

stevemarks wrote:

Alaphilippe and Sagan

Well done Steve. You’ve needed a big day. 

I’ve made a complete bllx of today...my turn...

In other news....I’ve almost finished doing up my 80’s Carrera Epic Steelie today after I received my unused replacement like for like Shimano brakes from Italy this morning. Just got to pick up a Selle Italia turbo saddle tomorrow and job done....photo to follow.

Looking forward to the photos. managing 2 races at the same time always seems to mess me up I really don't know where my head is now. think I,ve made a mess of taoday in TA

Alaphilippe

Kragh

OOmen 

Ganna

Benoot 

Vuillemoz

Yates

Durbridge.

good luck!

Dr Winston | 5 years ago
0 likes

Oh my. Went without Ala or Yates in Purist and opted for Sagan and and an in form Fuglsang instead....although o think o teied every combination and just ended up beaten. Really can't call it right in the purist game right now.

0 likes

Oh yes, I think we'll see Alaphilippe attacking out of his mind! Happy with my Yates pick, although I didn't expect them to win so he was my only MS rider. Carapaz a disappointment and might think about someone else for tomorrow.

MinardiM189 replied to Condor Andy | 5 years ago
0 likes

Condor Andy wrote:

Oh yes, I think we'll see Alaphilippe attacking out of his mind! Happy with my Yates pick, although I didn't expect them to win so he was my only MS rider. Carapaz a disappointment and might think about someone else for tomorrow.

Quickstep could even try and get Alaphilippe bonus seconds in the sprints, the last kilometres of both sprints are very technical and a late attack could catch other teams off guard, especially if QS sit up and bloack the road, which isn't unknown.

0 likes

Some surprising performaces there,

Sky with a very strong team only 5th, Bahrain Merida only 10th.

EFE Cannondale a brilliant 7th considering their team and the early start.

Lotto Soudal held their own, which was a surprise.

Jumbo probably would have won if they had a later start.

Worked out quite well for me, although I was hoping Velaso might get a lasp place.

It was a toss up between Alaphilippe & Dumoulin but looks like Alaphilippe was a better choice now.

Given the 30s difference between Alaphilippe & Roglic it looks very very difficult for Alaphilippe in GC. He needs to win all 3 hilly stages without Roglic getting and bonus seconds and then do the ITT of his life and beat Roglic.

0 likes

My team for standard:

ALAPHILIPPE
ROGLIC
YATES
POELS
ROCHE
BOUWMAN
CARAPAZ
PUCCIO

0 likes

A pet hate of mine is team cars driving too close to their riders.

The rule says 10m but the Quickstep car was about 2m behind their last rider at the finish today.

The car being close behind gives a huge advantage.

0 likes

My team for standard -

ROGLIC
DE PLUS
DUMOULIN
POELS
YATES A.
VUILLERMOZ
BETTIOL
VELASCO

0 likes

Difficult to pick in both competitions.

0 likes

Oh boy this purist team is hard to pick! Too hard to predict who's gonig to have a good race. I have three expensive picks, two medium, and three cheap. This should be an interesting comp, no two teams will be the same I reckon.

0 likes

Yeah the rider values were really tough to manage. 3 massive GC favourites and 3 of the best sprinters. Who to leave out and how to fill the team? Interesting race.

Gecko-cyclist | 5 years ago
0 likes

Too true. 

With no mountains to speak of anda  short power based TT, classics riders in a strong team look realistic contenders for the overall - this could be anybody's!

Pages

Latest Comments