Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Tirreno-Adriatico

Crikey...this is a tough one to sort out. Expensive picks as well....

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

61 comments

Dr Winston | 5 years ago
1 like

I’m back on the bike... A few issues on the home front having me missing deadlines this past week and relegating fantasy cycling down a peg or two for a while...hopefully all done now....fingers crossed.

Gecko-cyclist | 5 years ago
1 like

Well done sniffer for calling it. Too funny you didn't pick him though!

My defensive strategy worked out well pulling in 5th place on the day for my best ever finish.
Confession due though that leaving Bettiol in was frankly blind luck in not having enough transfers as I'd have swapped him out....

Condor Andy | 5 years ago
1 like

TT isn't a huge money spinner, and if you miss the mark it can cost in the end. I've ruined many a TT in the past.

As it happens I decided Dennis would be on better form than Campanaerts based on days raced this year and, well......

MinardiM189 replied to Condor Andy | 5 years ago
0 likes

Condor Andy wrote:

TT isn't a huge money spinner, and if you miss the mark it can cost in the end. I've ruined many a TT in the past.

As it happens I decided Dennis would be on better form than Campanaerts based on days raced this year and, well......

I agree ITTs can be a bit hit and miss. The other year when the mountain stage was cancelled I ended up with loads of transfers left and brought in loads of ITT riders for this stage. Half of them didn't make top 10 and sticking with GC guys would have been better.

1 like

Interesting how many players have left enough transfers to bring in the big TT players today.  

I couldn't pick between them when planning my week from the outset so left fewer transfers for today and in a defensive mindset actually brought GC riders back in who already have decent points in the jersey competitions.  My team:

Dumoulin

Roglic

Yates

Fulglsang

Emden

Lutsenko

Langvelde 

Bettiol

I'm 4th at present and not expecting big points today - just to limit the losses.  Hoping to hold on for a top 10 though....

MinardiM189 | 5 years ago
0 likes

My team for the final stage -

ROGLIC
DENNIS
KUNG
VAN EMDEN
YATES A.
CASTROVEIJO
HEPBURN
VELASCO

Which probably means, Campanaerts, Dumoulin & Kragh Andersen do well, Ganna too maybe.

Sniffer replied to MinardiM189 | 5 years ago
0 likes

MinardiM189 wrote:

ROGLIC
DENNIS
KUNG
VAN EMDEN
YATES A.
CASTROVEIJO
HEPBURN
VELASCO

Which probably means, Campanaerts, Dumoulin & Kragh Andersen do well, Ganna too maybe.

I didn't go Campanaerts either, but I brought in Dumoulin with Dennis.

Roglic, Yates, Hepburn and then Roche, Gesink, Bettiol making up the numbers.

Like your team better than mine.

Ridiculously I have 3 more points in my Purist team than my Standard team.  Purist team going really well though in third (it won yesterday's stage where I dropped the winner in standard).

stevemarks replied to Sniffer | 5 years ago
0 likes

Sniffer wrote:

MinardiM189 wrote:

ROGLIC
DENNIS
KUNG
VAN EMDEN
YATES A.
CASTROVEIJO
HEPBURN
VELASCO

I didn't go Campanaerts either, but I brought in Dumoulin with Dennis.

Roglic, Yates, Hepburn and then Roche, Gesink, Bettiol making up the numbers.

Like your team better than mine.

Ridiculously I have 3 more points in my Purist team than my Standard team.  Purist team going really well though in third (it won yesterday's stage where I dropped the winner in standard).

I have Poels, Ganna and Bettiol instead of Hepburn, castro and Velasco.

Now Dumoulin will win it.

0 likes

I ditched Alaphillpe too and brought 3 sprinters in. Viv and Gav didn't pan out well but Cimolai saved me - still a dream race after the mess I made of Paris Nice though! 3 left for tomorrow to switch the sprinters back out....

0 likes

I brought Gaviria & Viviani in.

Similar thing happened in Oman, people who had saved transfers for the last sprint lost out to people without transfers after Bonifazio rode the top picks off the road.

5 transfers left for tomorrow, which usually means something unexpected will happen and people withbno transfers beat me.

0 likes

At least I didn't try to get Gav as well, I went for Ballerini who got like 3 points from the break...

So not a total loss.

Edit: question is, one transfer left, will it be Dennis or Dumoulin?

Sniffer replied to Condor Andy | 5 years ago
0 likes

Condor Andy wrote:

At least I didn't try to get Gav as well, I went for Ballerini who got like 3 points from the break...

So not a total loss.

Look who was last today.  That is someone saving their legs for tomorrow.

Condor Andy replied to Sniffer | 5 years ago
0 likes

Sniffer wrote:

Excellent point! Finishing in the same group as a certain world champion....decisions decisions.

Sniffer replied to Sniffer | 5 years ago
0 likes

Sniffer wrote:

Condor Andy wrote:

So not a total loss.

I predicted Campanaerts, but didn't pick him!

2 likes

Guess who I ditched to get in Viviani?

Sniffer replied to Condor Andy | 5 years ago
0 likes

Condor Andy wrote:

You are not alone.  I did exactly the same thing.

At least Viviani is in the points too, where was Gaviria who was my other transfer in?

Two transfers tomorrow before it wraps up

stevemarks replied to Sniffer | 5 years ago
1 like

Sniffer wrote:

Condor Andy wrote:

At least Viviani is in the points too, where was Gaviria who was my other transfer in?

Snap! only used one transfer today, at least I chose Viv......

4 left for tomorrow though is a nice very unusual feeling

Sniffer replied to stevemarks | 5 years ago
0 likes

stevemarks wrote:

Sniffer wrote:

Condor Andy wrote:

Snap! only used one transfer today, at least I chose Viv......

4 left for tomorrow though is a nice very unusual feeling

Hope you have more luck than I did on Paris - Nice.  Used my last two transfers and ended up worse than I would have done with no changes.

JohnnyRemo replied to Condor Andy | 5 years ago
1 like

Condor Andy wrote:

+1

Gkam84 | 5 years ago
0 likes

I was disappointed not to get the win today by two points and when I looked why. It's because the results show Alaphilippe ahead of Berhane in the KOM, which shouldn't be right, as Berhane has won more climbs....Strange. Else I would have one more point and todays winner would have one less....haha

MinardiM189 replied to Gkam84 | 5 years ago
1 like

Gkam84 wrote:

I was disappointed not to get the win today by two points and when I looked why. It's because the results show Alaphilippe ahead of Berhane in the KOM, which shouldn't be right, as Berhane has won more climbs....Strange. Else I would have one more point and todays winner would have one less....haha

The KoM competition in T-A is a bit unusual. There are only 2 grades of hill, one gives 5 KoM points and the other 15 points, even though the climbs may be a similar difficulty. Berhane has won four 5 pointers, Alaphilippe won one 15 pointer and came 4th on another, scoring 5 points. So they both have 20 points but Alaphilippe has won on a higher scoring climb and as a result he is ahead of Berhane in the classification.

Personally I find the system unfair and as all the 15 point climbs are near the finish of stages it makes it almost impossible for a non-GC rider to win the jersey. This makes it worthless for riders to go for KoM points after stage 3.

1 like

Unbelievable finish for Lutsenko (He was in both teams for me) I thought he'd gone too early again, then crashed twice and still pulled off the sprint. Edge of your seat stuff all the way!

0 likes

Not looking great for me today. I had De Plus & Vuilermoz & both got dropped after crashing.  2

0 likes

I have Bettiol in my purist, don't know why he's not in standard, but he is now, and Gav and Viv. Should be a simple swap for the next two stages after today, then plan for the ITT.

stevemarks replied to Condor Andy | 5 years ago
0 likes

Condor Andy wrote:

I have Bettiol in my purist, don't know why he's not in standard, but he is now, and Gav and Viv. Should be a simple swap for the next two stages after today, then plan for the ITT.

Scarey snap

I too have him in my purist and always meant to have him in my standard asap.

stevemarks | 5 years ago
0 likes

Not enough transfers to bring in sprinters today so just bought in Bettiol which I meant to do yesterday and bought in Clarke instead.  only dropped 5 places which was a result yesterday as I was really unhappy with my chioces.

I am looking closely at the different approaches here guys and I am learning lots 

Thanks

0 likes

Cheers Minardi, that's where I went in the end.

0 likes

Condor Andy wrote:

Cheers Minardi, that's where I went in the end.

Sprint 1

Traguardo volante di Monticiano vinto da 1. S. KURIYANOV (102) 2. M. MAESTRI (43) 3. A. TONELLI (46) 4. A. CATAFORD (123)

KoM 1

Berhane won it but the live feed deleted the result

KoM 2

Berhane, Schonberger, Cataford, Maestri

Sprint 2

Traguardo volante di Chiusi vinto da S. KURIYANOV (102). 2. M. MAESTRI (43)
3. A. TONELLI (46)
4. A. CATAFORD (123)

Condor Andy replied to MinardiM189 | 5 years ago
0 likes

MinardiM189 wrote:

Sprint 1

Traguardo volante di Monticiano vinto da 1. S. KURIYANOV (102). 2. M. MAESTRI (43)      3. A. TONELLI (46) 4. A. CATAFORD (123)

Cheers, keeping a close eye on it myself today as well.

0 likes

Condor Andy wrote:

Cheers, keeping a close eye on it myself today as well.

Very difficult to follow the Sprints and KoMs today, and the published results I have seen don't include the individual results.

But from information on the live ticker and the increase in points from the previous stages I managed to figure out the results.

SPRINT 1 - MAESTRI, PETERS, MAS, BURGHARDT

SPRINT 2 - LUTSENKO, YATES, DUMOULIN, FUGLSANG

KoM 1 - VISCONTI, MAESTRI, POWERS, PETERS

KoM 2 - LUTSENKO, BENOOT, CLARKE, FORMOLO

KoM 3 - LUTSENKO, BRAMBILLA, FUGLSANG, ALAPHILIPPE, ROGLIC, YATES, FORMOLO

KoM 4 - LUTSENKO, YATES, ROGLIC, FUGLSANG, FORMOLO, BETTIOL, PINOT

Pages

Latest Comments