Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Leg Shaving Preferences

I've been shaving my legs for a while now and got to wondering in the shower if anyone does it differently. I've always done it with a half-decent razor and "erasmic" brand shaving foam from the pharmacy around the corner. No real reasoning behind the choices, they're just what works. Tried cream instead of foam and just didn't get on with it over such a big area. So over to you lot: what do you use to shave your legs and why?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

13 comments

Roadie_john | 6 years ago
0 likes

wax

Kapelmuur | 6 years ago
1 like

To shave or not to shave, isn't it a question of whose derision you fear most - that of fellow cyclists or that of your family?

maviczap replied to Kapelmuur | 6 years ago
1 like

Kapelmuur wrote:

To shave or not to shave, isn't it a question of whose derision you fear most - that of fellow cyclists or that of your family?

Or workmates  1

LastBoyScout | 6 years ago
0 likes

Never shaved them, but have been known to run a beard trimmer over them in the summer if I think they're looking particularly hairy.

Philips OneBlade is quite good for it - close enough, with no risk of nicks.

TheFatAndTheFurious | 6 years ago
0 likes

Veet for Men

Actually, I've no idea what the "for men" bit is about, but they couldn't market it like that if it wasn't for reasons, right? /sarc

Slap it on wearing some mechanics gloves, wait 5+ mins or so and scrub off with a rough sponge in the shower. That gets about 95% of it in one go, then finish off with regular razor (with new blade) and shaving foam. 10 minutes max.

As for why.... I like the feeling of not feeling the wind on my legs. Sunscreen gets better coverage too. Maybe it is faster too. Took it to my arms as well for a 24 hour race. That _did_ look odd.

madcarew | 6 years ago
0 likes

electric beard trimmer. It's really quick, leaves a reasonably smooth finish.

Redvee | 6 years ago
4 likes

A pair of tweezers, I start mid-March and by then end of October my legs are perfectly smooth and hairless just in time for summer.

StraelGuy | 6 years ago
8 likes

I get the wife to do it with an ex-Vietnamese war era flame thrower we found on eBay. I stand in the garden and wrap my top half in Bacofoil (can't be too careful!) and get her to hose the old legs down until they're as smooth as a babies bum (being careful to avoid burning the fence down, the next door neighbour still isn't talking to us after the last incident which I blame on the good lady having had a few too many G&Ts beforehand!) .

don simon fbpe | 6 years ago
1 like

Castle Forbes shaving cream.

Badger bistled brush and a decent cut throat razor as it reduces burn and ingroing hairs (back of thigh can be a bit tricky though).

Canyon48 | 6 years ago
3 likes

I only shave very occasionally, in fairly hairy, so I have to use an electric hedge trimmer. Bit hard to get the "closer" areas as you don't want to get anything caught between the shearing blades and it's hard to be dexterous.

Best not to do it outside after doing the garden hedge though.

srchar | 6 years ago
0 likes

window.location.href = 'http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/';

CXR94Di2 | 6 years ago
5 likes

I use propane gas bottle on low level, creates a lovely burnt pig smell, pork scratching, yum yum

alansmurphy | 6 years ago
2 likes

Nothing, I'm not an Olympic athlete.

Latest Comments