Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Canyon Endurace- set up like Ultimate?

Hi ...pondering between both as not tried either. 

Any Endurace riders out there- curious to see if you can truly set up as asserive as Ultimate

(Ult SL 9.0 Disc vs End SLX 8.0 Disc)

Usually do 40-50m rides rather than out and out sprints. (mid 40s rider.....no bad back problems)

Cheers

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

32 comments

bauchlebastart | 6 years ago
0 likes

I had this dilemma. Went with the Endurace and ran a lower stem with an extra 10mm length. Stack and reach between each frame are both within 10mm. This is easily taken up with stem and seat adjustments. The Endurace had better wheels, nicer colour and the fancy leafspring seatpin.

Scoob_84 | 6 years ago
0 likes

I've recently bought the Ultimate SLX 8.0 disc, currently about £300 more than the Ult SL 9.0 Disc that you're looking at. 

As i understand it, the ultimate and endurance are practically the same bike just with slightly different geomoetry and seatposts. The ultimate is extremly comfy (especially compared to my old supersix) and the seatpost flex i noticable when riding over rough roads. There is some truth to the 'vertical compliance' guff you read about in the reviews.

That said, unless you slam the stem on your ultimate, you may aswell get the endurance and slam the stem on that. Both are fast bikes and responsiove bikes, but the endurance comes with better wheels.  

Pages

Latest Comments