Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Bib shorts recommendations under £50?

First thing, I'm a tight wad/poor person, so no £120+ stuff  3

I'm looking for a decent bib short that'll do me for about 4 hours (sadly that's probably the maximum I'll ever be allowed out) in the saddle and possible 3/4 as I've got a annoying knee that's never quite right and could do with being warmer. I do have some leg warmers so the 3/4 isn't essential.

If you've seen anything on sale that's at my price point I'd also be grateful for recommendations.

Cheers.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

Simontuck | 7 years ago
0 likes

Decathlon/BTWIN and Wiggle/DHB are both very good value

PpPete | 7 years ago
0 likes

Definitely Decathlon.  Go for the top "aerofit" ones.  Good enough for 18 hour rides - IME

fukawitribe | 7 years ago
0 likes

Decathlon bib shorts seem to get very good reviews - the 700 series bibs are currently £ 24.99, various colours etc here

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/C-308030-cycling-tights-and-shorts

..no guarantee you'll like them for 4 hours, but then again could probably say that about almost any ones.

Griff500 | 7 years ago
0 likes

Like most things in life, what suits one doesn't suit all. In my case I sometimes find the pad isn't wide enough, (not that I'm exactly a fatty),  but Altura Progel Peleton work well for me. Having discovered them, I just keep buying more of the same rather than risk something else! A quick google and you will find a number of the usual online suspects selling them within your budget. they are not 3/4.

Latest Comments