Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Vuelta a Espana

Stages all in the game now and we're just waiting on the start list. We'll probably open in a few days, Sunday or Monday.

Here are 2 links to start lists and I'll be keeping my eye on Twitter for announcements, when I have a spare moment. My free time has taken a hit in the last month or so.

https://www.procyclingstats.com/race/vuelta-a-espana/2022/gc/startlist

https://firstcycling.com/race.php?r=23&y=2022&k=8

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

91 comments

Condor Andy | 1 year ago
0 likes

Congrats Tony on your standard win!

Congrats Doc on your purist win!

laugh

Dr Winston replied to Condor Andy | 1 year ago
1 like

Thanks.. Do i keep the Trophy for three in a row?

Just a shame that the Vuelta was a bit of a disaster for both JJE and myself. He picked better than i did so it should have been much closer.... i actually thought he had every chance of overtaking me but the end both our teams had a lot of withdrawls and some poor form. 

Worryingly for next season i notice Tony crept up quite a lot in the second half of the season... crikey...

tony kappler replied to Condor Andy | 1 year ago
2 likes

And a big thanks to you Andy. So much work setting up races and scoring.

11waterloo replied to tony kappler | 1 year ago
1 like

Seconded!

tony kappler | 1 year ago
2 likes

Thanks guys. I think it's all about tranfer stategy. Cos I'm crap at purist.

And congratulations to the Doc for his purist win. (I don't think there are any more stage races). Another very convincing display.

2 likes

I agree, Dr Winston is the purist king year on year. 

tony kappler | 1 year ago
2 likes

Not often a rider wins the TdF and Vuelta double.

STEVESPRO 79 replied to tony kappler | 1 year ago
1 like

Well played Tony...Awesome..

1 like

Congratulations Tony, you are pretty well invincible on current form. It's up to us mere mortals to put up a better challenge - but you keep the bar very high! 

Dr Winston replied to tony kappler | 1 year ago
1 like

Just brilliant, you've absolutely smashed the second half of the season... even by your standards.

Sniffer | 1 year ago
0 likes

Weird things are happening due to the relegation battle.

Did Mas go for the intermediate sprint points on the final stage so that he could go to third in the pointd ranking and get an extra 20 UCI points?

Condor Andy | 1 year ago
1 like

Got myself a new job starting on Monday so I'll be back to a more normal schedule. More time for managing the game! The last couple of months have been super busy.

Sniffer | 1 year ago
0 likes

I think I need more than the 2 transfers I have.left.

I didn't budget for losing Vine and Roglic this week. Mind you, with Covid you never really know who you might lose.

Dr Winston | 1 year ago
0 likes

Pffft... missed the deadline today by four minutes when i pulled in at a petrol station on my way home... pffft again.

Sniffer replied to Dr Winston | 1 year ago
0 likes

You will have some extra transfers available.
😀

Condor Andy replied to Dr Winston | 1 year ago
0 likes

I've been missing deadlines left and right. I had 30 transfers coming into the 3rd week! I only missed stage 19 for a full team change.

Dr Winston replied to Condor Andy | 1 year ago
0 likes

Yeah... annoying. I've not been too bad of late despite leaving them late due to short notice drop outs. Yesterday just ran away with itself packing up from our hols. I've now got six sprinters for today... crikey...

11waterloo replied to Dr Winston | 1 year ago
0 likes

At least it is a guaranteed sprint today. I've managed to end up with four transfers today when I seem to have been short of them for the last week! 

Dr Winston replied to 11waterloo | 1 year ago
0 likes

Yeah...should be. Four sprinters with four of the best jersey pts seems the right ploy on the last day. I've never had six as far as i can remember.

0 likes

Luxury!  You will probably leapfrog me in the Vuelta with that extra sprinter! 

Dr Winston | 1 year ago
0 likes

Currently on holiday in Dorset... so not able to post much. If any of the regular posters want to know anything about wind, rain, thunderstorms and lightning I'm your man. Shocking weather.

11waterloo | 1 year ago
0 likes

Here's something odd. On the official Vuelta website there is no combativity award for yesterday's TT and yet on Quick-Steps Twitter feed there is a picture of Cavagna being awarded the combativity prize for stage 10! 

0 likes

How can you have a combativity award in a TT ?...madness... riders are split into two groups for a TT.

Trying hard to win/gain time

Sightseeing

All the riders in the first group are equally comabatative.

0 likes

It is ludicrous as you say. It also appears to have been presented at the signing on ceremony this morning, rather than at the podium ceremony (he is in road kit), which definitely smacks of an afterthought. I reckon that the award sponsors were insisting on their bit of publicity. Very strange! 

Dr Winston | 1 year ago
0 likes

Whoever designed, or sanctioned, these next three stages need sacking. Really poor. No KOM points, other than the actual finish on stage 12, and just one intermediate sprint close to the end of each stage. Not good enough for modern races.

Dr Winston | 1 year ago
0 likes

I'd have bet many quids (up to five quid) that Mas and Pedersen's TT result would have been the other way around. 

0 likes

Pedersen said he didn't know Bennett was a non starter & went full gas. I'm not sure about that! Equally, Dennis looked to ease up once he knew he wasn't beating Cavagna. Definitely a day to have kept those GC riders (cost me about 25 points & 2 transfers to bring in Dennis & Pedersen)! 

0 likes

Dennis definitely eased up. TJV havea history of that sort of thing... they stopped Tony Martin altogether a few times. 

STEVESPRO 79 | 1 year ago
0 likes

3 non-starters for me today...Damn you Mister Covid...no

11waterloo replied to STEVESPRO 79 | 1 year ago
0 likes

That's got to hurt. COVID adds an unwelcome randomness to the game. Bennett wasn't announced as a non starter until he didn't rock up on the starting ramp! 

Pages

Latest Comments