Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Canyon Endurace paint lifting

I have a canyon Endurace CF 9.0 .. 2yrs old . The paint is lifting around where the brake cable enters the frame.never crashed and always maintained... I contacted canyon and they don't want to know...I the wrote a strong email complaining... And they then offered a replacement frame for £600 plus postage and Rebuild..
What are your thoughts on 1. Getting it replaced .2 having the frame resprayed. 3. Swapping for a new frameset... The question is how far do I go? Is there any damage to the carbon?..
It's not what I would call good pr or customer service from canyon.😠

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

6 comments

Chris Hayes | 3 years ago
0 likes

If it's just paint I wouldn't do anything about it other than perhaps rub it down gently then apply some varnish to prevent further deterioration.  Then: 1. run it into the ground; 2. Don't buy another Canyon; 3. Tell everyone who will listen about your experience; 4. Buy a Ti frame....

Yorky-M | 3 years ago
0 likes

Not Canyon's fault. Salt left can corrode paint. Degreaser or scratch from a mechanic's tool. One winter ride and ME, not washing my bike down ate my 9 month old disc capilers. NOT Shimano's fault. MINE

steve67 replied to Yorky-M | 3 years ago
0 likes

Summer bike . Never used in winter. Washed and cleaned regularly ..Canyon have seen the pictures and agree it's not normal..Canyon getting back to me tomorrow

Prosper0 | 3 years ago
1 like

Your bike isn't made from glass. A little bit of paint lifting after two years isnt a big deal, just ride your bike and enjoy it. 

steve67 replied to Prosper0 | 3 years ago
0 likes

It's more like corrosion under the Paint... obviously not rust.🙄

Canyon48 replied to steve67 | 3 years ago
0 likes

It's definitely not corrosion if it's carbon!

Could you upload a photo?

I've had something a ltitle bit similar on my canyon ultimate, an area around one one of the cable entries about 0.5x0.5mm has flaked off. Fairly expected though and nothing I'm worried about.

Latest Comments