Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Sram Red etap

Hi,

A local bike shop is selling at discount a Sram Red etap 11v.
New models are 12v.
I tried finding all the past Sram Red etap release to know how old it could be. Did not find any archives.
Do anyone knows?

Also, do you know if it would be compatible with the Sram mobile app to configure it?

Thank you!
Merry Christmas!  1

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

10 comments

Yorkshie Whippet | 4 years ago
0 likes

11sp Etap was/is total stand alone. It doesn't connect to anything. To the point I don't remember SRAM releasing software updates. If they have, I've never taken dongle out of the gorgeous box it came in and have no issues. 

Buy it, fit it, ride it and stop worrying.

amazon22 replied to Yorkshie Whippet | 4 years ago
0 likes

Yorkshie Whippet wrote:

11sp Etap was/is total stand alone. It doesn't connect to anything. To the point I don't remember SRAM releasing software updates. If they have, I've never taken dongle out of the gorgeous box it came in and have no issues. 

Buy it, fit it, ride it and stop worrying.

Not quite stand alone - it does connect to my Elemnt Bolt and gives me on the fly gear positions as well as recorded gear positions through the course of a ride (visible in Wahoo Elemnt app). Agreed, they have never utilised the dongle and mine is also still in the oversized box. My eTap is just over 2 years old and hasn't missed a beat in 5000 miles, apart from a tab breaking off the rear battery, which was replaced without query under warranty (and I kept the old one as a spare with the tab glued back on). I've yet to replace the original shifter button batteries.

bettrave | 4 years ago
0 likes

Do anyone know if Garmin Edge keeps log of gear combination and then export it to Garmin Connect?

Glov Zaroff | 4 years ago
0 likes

The SRAM AXS mobile app can only be used with SRAM Red/Force AXS 12-speed systems. It won't work on 11-speed Red eTap, and SRAM have no intention of ever making it work. 11-speed eTap is now old tech to SRAM (although it's still an excellent groupset).

Compact Corned Beef | 4 years ago
0 likes

Wikipedia sez

In August 2015, SRAM announced that it would release its 11-speed wireless electronic road groupset, SRAM RED eTap.

Don't know about the app but I'd bet my house you'll be fine for many years to come*

*I rent.

Miller | 4 years ago
1 like

Not meaning to be rude to OP, but seriously, do you know how to do a web search? There are many obscure things in cycle technology but etap 11v is not one of them.

You should let Welsh Boy in on the shop that's selling it, he sounds like he knows what he's doing. 

bettrave replied to Miller | 4 years ago
1 like

Miller wrote:

Not meaning to be rude to OP, but seriously, do you know how to do a web search? There are many obscure things in cycle technology but etap 11v is not one of them.

You should let Welsh Boy in on the shop that's selling it, he sounds like he knows what he's doing. 

Hi Miller,

Please, could you provide me with links that tells since the first relase of Sram etap, every release in which  year?

That should be very easy for you.

Thank you very much for your help.

Welsh boy | 4 years ago
0 likes

I don't know the answer to any of your questions but I have been looking for an 11 speed etap red, if it is not stealing the only one from you would you mind letting me know who is selling it?

bettrave replied to Welsh boy | 4 years ago
0 likes

Welsh boy wrote:

I don't know the answer to any of your questions but I have been looking for an 11 speed etap red, if it is not stealing the only one from you would you mind letting me know who is selling it?

Hi Welsh,

A local shop in Montreal, Canada.

Where do you leave?

Welsh boy replied to bettrave | 4 years ago
0 likes

bettrave wrote:

Welsh boy wrote:

Hi Welsh,

A local shop in Montreal, Canada.

Where do you leave?

Wales, UK so I guess that puts your local bike shop out of reach for me but thanks anyway.

Latest Comments