Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Damaged Giro road shoe - help/advice needed

Hi,

I have a pair of  Giro Factor road shoes which have an Easton EC90 carbon sole. Over time I have manged to wear down the front right protector from putting my foot down and pushing off at traffic lights. It came off completely the other day - not sure where so I am now left with a damaged/exposed carbon outer sole. The protectors are not screwed into the outersole - they appear to be bonded to the sole. The shoes themselves are well beyond warranty but other than the damage there is nothing wrong with them, so I don't want to bin them. I have tried to see if there is any replacement part that I could bond to the front of the sole but the only Giro parts appear to be for the heel. Do you know if there is such a part that I can get or something similar that would do the job? Or is there any other suggestion/bodge I could try?

Dave C

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

2 comments

Dave Cole | 6 years ago
0 likes

Thanks. I will look further into it. Thanks for the advice too.

VeloUSA | 6 years ago
0 likes

Contact Giro http://www.giro.com/us_en/contact-us/

Here in the states they are quick to respond.

You can find sole toe protectors on the iNet but almost all are made out of rubber. When at a stop you need to raise a pedal to the 10 o'clock position and push off with this pedal not your ground foot. You will not only prevent sole toe wear but your "push off" will be faster/smoother.

Latest Comments