Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Vuelta stage 20

An exciting race, and the winner still undecided at start of stage 20. Will the the red jersey just defend or go on the attack? Number 2 may have to risk losing to win.

No, I'm talking about the road.cc comp of course.  1 point separates first and second. First has 8 transfers left, but 2 TT riders and second has 7 transfers and only 1 TT.  Will  a Contador like player leap from the shadows to snatch victory?

My money would be on first to win, because of the flexibility in strategy afforded by the extra transfer.  But it will probably be down to pure luck; who is in the breakaway and will the GCs chase down the break.

Cheers

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

tony kappler | 7 years ago
0 likes

Thanks triccky.  Transfer strategy and picking GC/breakaway/puncheur stages only goes so far; there is a lot of luck involved. I seem best at grand tours, but my purist teams are shite.

Cheers

triccky100 | 7 years ago
1 like

Well done Tony, another grand tour added to your palmares. Nicely played!

MinardiM189 | 7 years ago
0 likes

I was hoping the players above me would have fewer transfers left and I could stage a late surge.

But 48 points behind and 9 transfers left doesn't seem like enough now, especially as Sammy Sanchez pulled out.  2

For the leaders it looks like it will come down to luck in which sprinter finishes where. At least the finish isn't on the Champs-Elysees where punctures can play a major role.

Good luck to all.

With regard the actual stage 20, a break taking it looks unlikely now with GC teams probably looking for bonus seconds. Hopefully my 2 transfers in Fraile & Gesink can do something miraculous with Yates & Konig left behind at the bottom of the final climb.

cgipryan | 7 years ago
0 likes

An extra-transfer might prove important... though looking at the way I've been throwing tranfers away in this Vuelta, I might as well say "May the luckiest of you two win!"...

Latest Comments