Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

TdF Left hand rear much ?

I don't know about you guys but have you noticed that in the Skoda ad that appears during ITV4s TdF coverage,  the one with bloke with the child seat . Well he has a left sided rear mech ? ? ? 

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

Batchy | 7 years ago
0 likes

I've just been informed by a Mr Farage that once Brexit has been fully implemented then all British bicycle chain drives will have to be attached to the left hand side . This will complement the left hand driving conditions that currently prevail on this side of the channel  and it is believed that Boris Johnson is currently negotiating with  Chinese and Taiwanese delegations regarding the re tooling of factories to meet obvious demand.

Mr Johnson has already had his bike converted , unfortunately this means that when he pedals his bike goes backwards. However as he usually wears his helmet back to front and at a jaunty angle this does not affect his judgement too much !

gmac101 | 7 years ago
0 likes

For "euro" car ads they use faked number plates with symmetric letters and numbers that look OK when flipped in a mirror

Dnnnnnn | 7 years ago
1 like

How would flipping work with anything which had text? Or do they avoid text?

Funnily enough I just saw the same thing in a Deliveroo advert. But then the rider was wearing a helmet and not on the pavement so it must've been a mistake.

Griff500 | 7 years ago
0 likes

Are you sure they have not just flipped the video for UK RHD viewing? A while back I saw a mirror-imaged Glen Coe in a car ad (can't remember the manufacturer now).

Latest Comments