Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Tour De France - Purist

Just wondered what everyones Purist teams were, never saw them at the begining!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

39 comments

_Kasper replied to chrisdstripes | 8 years ago
0 likes
chrisdstripes wrote:

KOM tends to hot up in the second half of the race with big points for Cat 1 and HC.

Looks like there is only 12 points for a HC mountain. Looong way from 100 points i one stage?

chrisdstripes replied to _Kasper | 8 years ago
0 likes
_Kasper wrote:
chrisdstripes wrote:

KOM tends to hot up in the second half of the race with big points for Cat 1 and HC.

Looks like there is only 12 points for a HC mountain. Looong way from 100 points i one stage?

Yeah, maybe its slightly less this year. As I recall, Voeckler's stage had 4 big climbs (2xHC and 2xCat1) and he won them all, and the stage. This is just from memory, but maybe it was 15 points per HC, 10 per cat 1, plus 35 for the stage, 10 for most aggressive rider and 5 for the KOM.

He definitely got 100 anyway, you don't forget something like that!

Just checked - if someone did that on this Tour they'd get 90. Not saying it'll happen though!

Alan Tullett replied to chrisdstripes | 8 years ago
0 likes
chrisdstripes wrote:
triccky100 wrote:

I've gone all climbly instead of sprinty, but did not realise the scoring was skewed towards intermediate sprints and KOM points (was it the same in the giro?).

Its the same, in that they score what the race scores, but in the TDF they just have one sprint per stage with 15 guys scoring, as opposed to 3-4 sprints with just three scorers. So normally there's a small break and then the sprinters compete for 6-12 points, whereas in the other races the break snaffles all the sprint points. Makes sprinters a lot more valuable in the TDF than the other grand tours as far as fantasy cycling goes - took me a year to work that out as well!

KOM tends to hot up in the second half of the race with big points for Cat 1 and HC. If a guy in the breakaway crests those climbs first and then goes on to win the stage, there are huge fantasy points - Voeckler got 100 in one stage a couple of years ago(!) and Rolland maybe 80-odd one day in the same tour. But over a few stages the GC guys will still be the top scorers...

I remember that as I had him and it was Valverde who scored good points the next day to get me the stage win and a Bryton rider I still use! Those were the days! Bikes for the winners and very good stage prizes!

For this race I've gone with a mixture of climbers and sprinters although I'm not expecting anyone to score 100 points in a single stage.

Nibali
Quintana
Cav
Degenkolb
Soupe
Talansky
Arredondo
kozontchuk now out
Barta

Nibali and Quintana a bit of a disappointment so far but we'll see how they'll go in the end. They'll need to attack to catch Froome Contador and TVG.

enrique replied to Joelsim | 8 years ago
0 likes
Joelsim wrote:

I've gone all sprinty. For FS reasons and intermediate sprint points. Time will tell whether it works out.

That wasn't such a bad idea!  1

I don't know how you guys don't miss this but here it is! The BPPT!  1

This is fairly special!  1 Probably because of the huge amount of points available on every stage I think this is the first time I've found 2 'pure' sprinters on the BPPT for a Grand Tour!  1

40.0 Peter Sagan
37.5 Christopher Froome
26.8 John Degenkolb
17.1 Andre Greipel
16.2 Pierre Rolland
11.4 Bob Jungels
8.9 Serge Pauwels
7.6 Mathias Frank
4.0 Ruben Plaza

This team would have yielded 2490 points and come in at 169.5 credits.

It would have come in at No. 370 with no transfers in the Standard Competition.

I wonder if the Best 'Actual' Team got it right? Would somebody post for me please? Thanks!

Congratulations again to triccky again on the Standard Competition!  1 Nice job!  1

chrisdstripes | 8 years ago
0 likes

I quite like the look of mine after the opening salvos. Needs Eddie Boss to come to the party...

Degenkolb
Greipel
Froome
Quintana
Dan Martin
Boasson Hagen
Nerz
Tulik
Frank

stevemarks | 8 years ago
0 likes

Sagan
Froome
Pinot
Matthews
Talansky
Kudus
Senechal
Buchman
Bonnet  2

Looks like my gamble of Pinot instead of Quintana is a fail.

Joelsim | 8 years ago
0 likes

Degenkolb
Cavendish
Sagan
Greipel
Kristoff
Cimolei
Perichon
Brun
Senechal

livestrongnick | 8 years ago
0 likes

I went all british as much as i could.

Froome
Thomas
Cav
Yates
Yates
Dowsett
Cummings

Hansen
Senechal

backflipbedlem | 8 years ago
0 likes

I've tried to be clever and work out who has the most chances of bringing in points, usually would just whack Froome in and add some others! Will probably fail, but we will see!

Valverde
Sagan
Cavendish
Kristoff
Meintjes
Tankink (3.0)
Brun (3.0)
Dempster (3.0)
Tulik (3.0)

Pages

Latest Comments