Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

TdF Stage 1

Right, my team is picked, transfers planned for stages 2,3,4 and 5 already. (Ho ho ho)

Have left out some big names so a little bit of a gamble for stages 1 and 2.

And no, I'm not posting my team yet.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

162 comments

stevemarks replied to VVV73 | 9 years ago
0 likes
VVV73 wrote:

CAV is the biggest whinging dog to ever ride a bike, fancy calling other people dangerous. He had absolutely no right to do that( thinks he got right away all the time), ruined his and Gerrans TDF prob and many more , first day. WHAT A TOOL!  14

This is not stating an opinion on the race or defending Gerrans.

This is your original post which is just name calling.

....and then you have the temerity to whine and moan when people get upset about it. You really should think before you speak!

VVV73 replied to stevemarks | 9 years ago
0 likes
stevemarks wrote:
VVV73 wrote:

CAV is the biggest whinging dog to ever ride a bike, fancy calling other people dangerous. He had absolutely no right to do that( thinks he got right away all the time), ruined his and Gerrans TDF prob and many more , first day. WHAT A TOOL!  14

....and then you have the temerity to whine and moan when people get upset about it. You really should think before you speak!

I didn't call anyone in here names mate, he is a professional sportsmen get use to it, and he done plenty of name calling himself. Temerity hey OOOOOO

I can't win so have fun in your one eyes world, WHEN HAVE I sent hate towards any other rider. reply to Hater as usual ! ?????

All I have done till now is DEFEND Cadel from haters!!!!!! but I dare not say anything about golden boy!
How am I one eyed when its all the people in here that can't admit cav was at fault! who has the one eye ?
How was any of this gerro's fault , gerro only got mentioned cause he was the obvious one we all seen first in his national jersey get hammered and hit the deck! And I reiterate he was a HUGE chance tomorrow to get Yellow!

Where have I bag other Brits??????
Funny how fast you guys turned on Wiggo, now he is a what did that bloke call him .....lol, only won your first TDF for your country then goes back to track to bring more glory to you....LMFAO Diffirent tune to what I was hearing in hear 2 months ago LOLOLOLOL

stevemarks replied to VVV73 | 9 years ago
0 likes
VVV73 wrote:
stevemarks wrote:
VVV73 wrote:

I didn't call anyone in here names mate, he is a professional sportsmen get use to it, and he done plenty of name calling himself. Temerity hey OOOOOO

I can't win so have fun in your one eyes world, WHEN HAVE I sent hate towards any other rider. reply to Hater as usual ! ?????

All I have done till now is DEFEND Cadel from haters!!!!!! but I dare not say anything about golden boy!
How am I one eyed when its all the people in here that can't admit cav was at fault! who has the one eye ?
How was any of this gerro's fault , gerro only got mentioned cause he was the obvious one we all seen first in his national jersey get hammered and hit the deck! And I reiterate he was a HUGE chance tomorrow to get Yellow!

Funny how fast you guys turned on Wiggo, now he is a what did that bloke call him .....lol, only won your first TDF for your country then goes back to track to bring more glory to you....LMFAO Diffirent tune to what I was hearing in hear 2 months ago LOLOLOLOL

You don't see it do you. If you read the posts on here most of them are balanced NO ONE attacked Gerrans, most of us said it may well have been Cavs fault. Now you said you don't hate Brits, but come straight out with some waffle about Wiggo, and how us Brits are a joke. Even Gerrans tweeted that yeah no big deal crashes happen and lets get on with it, but you, no you are a joke. Just a Hater with a big mouth. If this thread is so bad and not up to the standard of the others please feel free to vacate it. As for the Phone/camera incident so a celebrity got hacked off having his privacy invaded once upon a time no big deal it happens all the time, so what does that prove! One guy had it in for Cadel and that's your excuse for attacking a legend of cycling. You are sad dude grow up.

stevemarks replied to stevemarks | 9 years ago
0 likes
stevemarks wrote:
VVV73 wrote:
stevemarks wrote:
VVV73 wrote:

You don't see it do you. If you read the posts on here most of them are balanced NO ONE attacked Gerrans, most of us said it may well have been Cavs fault. Now you said you don't hate Brits, but come straight out with some waffle about Wiggo, and how us Brits are a joke. Even Gerrans tweeted that yeah no big deal crashes happen and lets get on with it, but you, no you are a joke. Just a Hater with a big mouth. If this thread is so bad and not up to the standard of the others please feel free to vacate it. As for the Phone/camera incident so a celebrity got hacked off having his privacy invaded once upon a time no big deal it happens all the time, so what does that prove! One guy had it in for Cadel and that's your excuse for attacking a legend of cycling. You are sad dude grow up.

Oh yeah and Fox news is a yank station cretin.

They call me Sp... (not verified) replied to stevemarks | 9 years ago
0 likes
stevemarks wrote:
VVV73 wrote:
stevemarks wrote:
VVV73 wrote:

Ok lets have a look here..
!. most said it was Cavs Fault....... WRONG, most that replied first tried to say it was a racing incident or that Cav wasn't at fault,. Geraans should have moved cav was nearly level and gerrans going no where blah blah all wrong. I even showed a photo of what was going on, Cav one side of the line and hi slegs and bike other side LOL, and coquard no where near them a good 2 bikes wider.

2. I hate brits cuase of waffle about wiggo LOL ... WRONG.. I was replying to FROOME not being MEGA nice guy like gerrans and fab,.... WAit wait... because wiggo isn't to happy with him atm.... and May have even been you or one of your country men here, called him a prima donna and blah blah, I said everyone here changed their tune since he got the shits with sky and talked about coming to Australia, even if he was your First TDF winner and then went backl to track to win more gold.. Obviously I have great respect for this man. Oh once again Aussie towing him to victory, Did I mention he was half Aussie as well.. I know he isn't coming but he is welcome here any time! 2 wrong.

3. Celebrity phone ???? incident listed for u below if u cant remember, but I am a noob.. 3 WRONG mate more names nice work champ.
seems the Admin that made Cav Persona Non Grata agree with me.. Or should that Be NON COMPIS MENTIS.. OMG he can speak latin fluently too OMG

They call me Sp... (not verified) replied to VVV73 | 9 years ago
0 likes
VVV73 wrote:

EXCUSE ME EVERYONE.. Besides calling Cav a dog and tool, or so bad, how have I done anything wrong here but express my opinon about a rider I feel very opinionated about... Every just waits for one little opening from me and then one starts and then its just one after the other attacking me WAS IT SO BAD WHTA I WQROTE ABOUT CAV REALLY? FAIR DINKUM ..
Am I not Entitled to in public forum, NO SWEARING INVOLVED ? HEY ????????????????????? Was it really that bad that everyone should attack me ?
I am not in public eye getting paid plenty.
If u cant handle criticism never make a sportsman.
I just don't like seeing people get ganged up on hence I came to Cadel rescue...THis is the only rider I have said anything nasty about, A dog and a tool, ...... gee that's harsh.... I think if a sportsman being called a wheel sucker is far worse!
Just doesnt matter what I do , every one just waiting for a chance to sink the boo tin, even people never even heard from.....

BTW what is this crap about a celebrity with phone, It was a Professional cycling Journolist intervewing cav with others all around him and cause he didn't like the question like a spoilt brat he grabs blokes phone out of his hand and walks into team bus taking it with him....ISNT THAT THEFT?
Paris - The video of a brief confrontation between a journalist and Mark Cavendish at the end of Stage 10 in Saint-Malo has already made its way around the internet.

The Isle of Man star was seen snatching away the dictaphone of a hack who asked whether the crash near the finish line which brought down Dutch rider Tom Veelers was his fault.

However, for those wondering what became of the tape recorder in question, Cavendish took to Twitter on Wednesday morning to clear up the matter.

"If you wonder what happened to the journalists dictaphone yesterday, I gave it back literally 9 seconds after I took it," he wrote on his account @MarkCavendish.

AFP

AND

Cavendish persona non grata

Comment

2013-07-11 14:21

The Hague - Britain's Mark Cavendish is no longer welcome at the Boxmeer Criterium in the Netherlands, Dutch news agency ANP said on Thursday, reporting that race organisers had withdrawn his name from the list of starters.

The decision follows a controversial incident in the 10th stage of the Tour de France on Tuesday in which Dutchman Tom Veelers fell in the finishing straight.

Cavendish was accused of knocking Argos rider Veelers off balance with a shoulder during the sprint for the line, although he was given the benefit of the doubt by race commissaires.

Organisers of the one-day Boxmeer race, which takes place on July 22, the day after the final stage of the Tour de France, said, however, that they did not understand the decision.

"I saw the images of the sprint on the television and together with the committee I decided to withdraw Cavendish from our list of participants," organiser Twan Poels told NOS television.

"The jury may think that he was not responsible for Tom Veelers' fall. We think the complete opposite."

YEP WHAT A LEGEND..... Ever heard Gerrans even close to this attitude ?????

ray silvester | 9 years ago
0 likes

Basically it's your Kristoff + Voss against my Viviani+Navardauskas....and don't forget Viv is eligible for White too!!

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

Ha ha, yes.

It's always the kiss of death for me. Viviani will win today accordingly

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

Viviani is solely on lead out duty for Sagan.

I've gone for:

Sagan
Kittel
Demare
Modolo
Kristoff
Haussler
Bideau
Voss
Gerard

ray silvester replied to Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes
Joelsim wrote:

Viviani is solely on lead out duty for Sagan.

I've gone for:

Sagan
Kittel
Demare
Modolo
Kristoff
Haussler
Bideau
Voss
Gerard

Remember the last time you besmirched one of my picks.....Roy the Boy in the TDS ITT?

livestrongnick | 9 years ago
0 likes

I've gone with

Kittel
Demare
Greipel
Kristoff
DVP
Dempster
Bideau
Taaramae
Pichot

Unless my power comes back on I won't be watching any LIVE coverage  102

ray silvester | 9 years ago
0 likes

It was basically a case of picking two of the big 3 sprinters(Cav,Kittel)and then adding the next 3 in the pecking order(Demare,Viviani,Modolo).....then a couple of guys who could feature in reduced bunch sprints in the opening handful of stages(Navardauskas,Haussler)followed by the obligatory BSE man for breaks(Bideau) and then a kind of random 3.0er(Pichot).

Cav and Kittel will most likely come out tomorrow for Sagan and either Paolini(if raining) or Slagter (if dry).

Pages

Latest Comments