Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

TdF Stage 1

Right, my team is picked, transfers planned for stages 2,3,4 and 5 already. (Ho ho ho)

Have left out some big names so a little bit of a gamble for stages 1 and 2.

And no, I'm not posting my team yet.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

162 comments

VVV73 replied to chiv30 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Interesting article this and why I get a crazy when cav is involved.
Was not hard to find one at all pages full.lol

http://www.sbs.com.au/cyclingcentral/news/49824/Cavendish-furious-after-...

some nice quotes in there . I like the one about him not being a good loser and
This cracker from his Team Boss ,lol.

However, Omega Pharma's Danish sporting director Brian Holm admitted that Cavendish went "ballistic" and said that it was best to avoid the team's fiery star rider at such moments.

"There were three, four or five riders who crashed when Cav went down and, if you ask him, it was probably somebody else's mistake," he said.

"I just heard him yelling inside the bus but I don't know what about. I think nobody can understand him when he's yelling. Nobody has a clue what he's saying.

I also wonder how many Comments I can find worse then mine when Rolland attacked on the stage Cadel got Tacked on and Wiggans was GC Leader if I remember? Hmmmm beat some beauties in there. from Hypocrites.

Stumps | 9 years ago
0 likes

Well what a storm in a tea cup ! Cav made a mistake and has possibly paid the ultimate penalty by ending his own TdF because of it.

First stage out of the way and already the forum is full of name blaming by a certain person, your a very sad individual indeed and personally i think the forum would be better off without you.............  39

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

No way he will race tomorrow. Season ending injury.

Tmw, erm...

thefatcyclist | 9 years ago
0 likes

OK so I appear to b in the wrong, along with Greg Lemond and a fair few others here and elsewhere. Cav thinks it was his fault. So good enough for me.

“I’m gutted about the crash today,” he said. “It was my fault. I’ll personally apologize to Simon Gerrans as soon as I get the chance.

“In reality, I tried to find a gap that wasn’t really there. I wanted to win today, I felt really strong and was in a great position to contest the sprint thanks to the unbelievable efforts of my team.

“Sorry to all the fans that came out to support – it was truly incredible.”

Omega Pharma-Quickstep confirmed the sprinter had suffered ligament ruptures and an AC-joint dislocation, and will take a decision on his participation in stage two in the morning.

Now about tomorrow.

VVV73 replied to thefatcyclist | 9 years ago
0 likes
thefatcyclist wrote:

OK so I appear to b in the wrong, along with Greg Lemond and a fair few others here and elsewhere. Cav thinks it was his fault. So good enough for me.

“I’m gutted about the crash today,” he said. “It was my fault. I’ll personally apologize to Simon Gerrans as soon as I get the chance.

“In reality, I tried to find a gap that wasn’t really there. I wanted to win today, I felt really strong and was in a great position to contest the sprint thanks to the unbelievable efforts of my team.

Omega Pharma-Quickstep confirmed the sprinter had suffered ligament ruptures and an AC-joint dislocation, and will take a decision on his participation in stage two in the morning.

Now about tomorrow.

Mate only forum on whole web didn't think it wasn't his fault , but no. I had to defend Gerro against all the Cav-eyed people in here....
Yep Le Mond was in many a sprint finish he would know ....sarcasm  1

thefatcyclist replied to VVV73 | 9 years ago
0 likes
VVV73 wrote:
thefatcyclist wrote:

Now about tomorrow.

Mate only forum on whole web didn't think it wasn't his fault , but no. I had to defend Gerro against all the Cav-eyed people in here....
Yep Le Mond was in many a sprint finish he would know ....sarcasm  1

What's with the "mate" VVV73, I don't know you from Adam.
There are plenty people on the cyclingn**s and Bike R**ar forums, who did not think it was Cav's fault, don't bracket me as Cav loving, he was in my team but he has been calpable before, and he is sometimes outspoken, but that does not diminish his genius. I like Simon Gerrans and enjoy his racing, and I didn't lay the blame on either, read my original post. Greg Lemond is more qualified to give an opinion than anybody on this forum, your comment is inflammatory and plain stupid.
Don't bother trolling back, i'm not used to this cr** on this forum, and i'm out of this thread.

thefatcyclist replied to thefatcyclist | 9 years ago
0 likes

Dave or GKam, maybe you should close this thread.

dave atkinson replied to thefatcyclist | 9 years ago
0 likes
thefatcyclist wrote:

what, with so many experts weighing in?  19

Mark Cavendish wrote:

It was my fault. I’ll personally apologise to Simon Gerrans as soon as I get the chance. In reality I tried to find a gap that wasn’t really there

just in case anyone missed that, i'm sure you've all seen it. not a broken collarbone but still a major doubt for tomorrow.

They call me Sp... (not verified) replied to dave atkinson | 9 years ago
0 likes
Dave Atkinson wrote:
thefatcyclist wrote:

what, with so many experts weighing in?  19

Mark Cavendish wrote:

It was my fault. I’ll personally apologise to Simon Gerrans as soon as I get the chance. In reality I tried to find a gap that wasn’t really there

just in case anyone missed that, i'm sure you've all seen it. not a broken collarbone but still a major doubt for tomorrow.

As below was my original post that BAD, it need to be closed am I not entitled to express anger at what happen. Any reason to have a go at me regardless of what I say , even if 110% correct coming from the man himself.
I been called far worse then a dog and a toll in the last few hours !

dave atkinson replied to They call me Spartacus | 9 years ago
0 likes
They call me Spartacus wrote:

As below was my original post that BAD, it need to be closed am I not entitled to express anger at what happen. Any reason to have a go at me regardless of what I say , even if 110% correct coming from the man himself.

If people are "having a go at you regardless of what you say", you might want to take a look at how you're saying it, eh

They call me Sp... (not verified) replied to dave atkinson | 9 years ago
0 likes
Dave Atkinson wrote:
They call me Spartacus wrote:

If people are "having a go at you regardless of what you say", you might want to take a look at how you're saying it, eh

I was extremely upset and infuriated as I seen what happen str8 away as it happen, and I really thought gerrans could get yellow tomorrow...
Has no one ever been that upset here when a countryman, Current TDU winner, cureent NATINAL champion, CUrrent LEIGe ( longest stage race of year) holder, gets taken out by some one who always comemnts in paper about exact same thing...
So when Maradona did Hand of God ,
You guys all just chilled and saidf football incident ??????????????????
Actually I could hear most of you from here when Wiggans fell early in TDf what 3/4 years ago,

stevemarks | 9 years ago
0 likes

There you go.

Cavendish says it was his fault he was completely in the wrong and will apologise to Gerrans.

Does not sound like the biggest whiner that ever lived.......

A real man can stand up and apologise when he is wrong!

They call me Sp... (not verified) replied to stevemarks | 9 years ago
0 likes
stevemarks wrote:

There you go.

Cavendish says it was his fault he was completely in the wrong and will apologise to Gerrans.

Does not sound like the biggest whiner that ever lived.......

A real man can stand up and apologise when he is wrong!

I feel it was that obvious he didn't have a choice, bit like Suarez  1
Is he a real man too?

They call me Sp... (not verified) replied to They call me Spartacus | 9 years ago
0 likes

LMFAO
Who is one-eyed , blinkered tools?

Aussie star Simon Gerrans brings down by Mark Cavendish as Tour De France begins in controversy

Mile Colman in Harrogate, England
Fox Headline OMG

stevemarks | 9 years ago
0 likes

and another thing.

I have met Mr Cavendish on a couple of occasions, and he is has been an absolute gent. He has and continues to be the first to pass on the credit for his victories to his team mates, and I remember when Gripel beat him he was straight out honest and said the better man won. Also honest enough after last years Tour to say maybe Kittel was now a better sprinter than him. As for whining about crashes all the time I have never heard such a load of nonsense. Now and again he said someone is dangerous and was probably justified in saying it. Today he rode supporting Help for Heros just another charity that he and his wife very actively support. His helmet was a special Help for Heros lid. For whatever reason you have decided you don't like him, it's your problem don't bring it on here.

VVV73 replied to stevemarks | 9 years ago
0 likes
stevemarks wrote:

and another thing.

I have met Mr Cavendish on a couple of occasions, and he is has been an absolute gent. He has and continues to be the first to pass on the credit for his victories to his team mates, and I remember when Gripel beat him he was straight out honest and said the better man won. Also honest enough after last years Tour to say maybe Kittel was now a better sprinter than him. As for whining about crashes all the time I have never heard such a load of nonsense. Now and again he said someone is dangerous and was probably justified in saying it. Today he rode supporting Help for Heros just another charity that he and his wife very actively support. His helmet was a special Help for Heros lid. For whatever reason you have decided you don't like him, it's your problem don't bring it on here.

Ok and do you want me to find the footage weret he snatched a journo's phone and walked off with it into team bus? Cause he was upset and having a cry again.
IT aint his !

Beaufort | 9 years ago
0 likes

Sprinting is for the tough only. Crashes happen. Tough on MC but he has 25 stage wins to console him.

They call me Sp... (not verified) replied to Beaufort | 9 years ago
0 likes

Oh and as I pointed out Cav has serious form for this. and Grame Brown was kicked off tour for a headbutt half that , that didn't cause a MAJOR fall or incident? what about that

The dislike for Cav has come over a very long period and I just had had enough after that. All I ever done is stick up for aussies and I am a English hater apparently... How u get that I don't know and we are the one with chip on our shoulder... hmm paranoia?
P.s.
I am sure if you have a look was far worse comments written about the manx bomber in most forums , compared to what I said.

VVV73 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Last time it was swearing, now its aggressive, pfft .
I am the one being called names by people and derogative terms.
Can't I be upset at what happen especially when I thought Gerrans could take the stage and yellow tomorrow! ??????

chiv30 replied to VVV73 | 9 years ago
0 likes
VVV73 wrote:

Can't I be upset at what happen especially when I thought Gerrans could take the stage and yellow tomorrow! ??????

You can be upset just like most of us are that cav didn't win . However there is being upset and then there is acting like a tit which you are currently doing and that is the reason you are alienating yourself ....even from your own countrymen.  40

However if you wish to carry on perhaps you should keep it in a new thread  20

VVV73 replied to chiv30 | 9 years ago
0 likes
chiv30 wrote:
VVV73 wrote:

You can be upset just like most of us are that cav didn't win . However there is being upset and then there is acting like a tit which you are currently doing and that is the reason you are alienating yourself ....even from your own countrymen.  40

Oh but GKAM can bag Cadel in that giro stage thread str8 after it hey, but I can't?
everything I have written here has been valid! Aggressive maybe , no swearing.... so what did I do wrong ?
to be attacked pointing out the obvious that all u experts couldn't admit too

They call me Sp... (not verified) replied to VVV73 | 9 years ago
0 likes
VVV73 wrote:
chiv30 wrote:
VVV73 wrote:

Oh but GKAM can bag Cadel in that giro stage thread str8 after it hey, but I can't?
everything I have written here has been valid! Aggressive maybe , no swearing.... so what did I do wrong ?

Valid indeed. Love it.

They call me Sp... (not verified) replied to VVV73 | 9 years ago
0 likes
VVV73 wrote:
chiv30 wrote:
VVV73 wrote:

Seems Cavendish is only one agree' s with you.

chiv30 replied to VVV73 | 9 years ago
0 likes
VVV73 wrote:
chiv30 wrote:
VVV73 wrote:

I'm trying to point out why ppl are jumping on you and yet you don't seem to want to listen to anyone.
As for gkam and cadel are you really hiding behind that for every post u have made in this thread about the incident?

I had an opinion on the crash today but it was pointless stating it in this thread as it stands my opinion was right

STEVESPRO 79 | 9 years ago
0 likes

I so wish people that certain people on here would just express their opinions instead of acting like dictators to the sport of cycling and experts on the subject of racial prejudice.....it really is laughable....
I personally had Cav in my team today, I am British and I did think that he was totally at fault....But it was just another racing incident that happens all the time in the world of sprinting....
3 changes for me tomorrow.... Cav, a German and an Italian Houdini act are binned.....

VVV73 replied to STEVESPRO 79 | 9 years ago
0 likes
STEVESPRO 79 wrote:

I so wish people that certain people on here would just express their opinions instead of acting like dictators to the sport of cycling and experts on the subject of racial prejudice.....it really is laughable....
I personally had Cav in my team today, I am British and I did think that he was totally at fault....But it was just another racing incident that happens all the time in the world of sprinting....
3 changes for me tomorrow.... Cav, a German and an Italian Houdini act are binned.....

Mate let's not go there !
So I am not allowed to support my country and I can't dislike Cav cause why, he is british OK , It's got absolutely nothing to do with him being british
WHAT OTHER BRIT HAVE I BAGGED Oh hang on gave huge wraps to the YATES BOYS ..opps... If I disliked anyone else LIKE GKAM did to Cadel , none of you would give a shit.
Arent I allowed to say I really don't like a rider and thing he is scum like Gkam did about Cadel in Giro ?
Double standards, as soon as I say something , its every verse me , Its all good I got broad shoulders.

Colin Peyresourde | 9 years ago
0 likes

Sadly I think was master of his own demise, but accidents happen. I think his desire to get a yellow jersey made him desperate and a bit dangerous.

The big mistake was OPQS going on the front too soon. That undulating finish really took it out of them and left Cav without a train. To be fair it sort of blew the peloton apart. Hence Cancellara's attempt, and so Cav was left to fend for himself. 350m from the line with your only perceivable chance of a TdF jersey and you'd fight tooth and nail for it. But he put too much on the line.

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

2 changes made for tmw. Was going to go for Gerrans but decided against it.

TERatcliffe26 replied to Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes
Joelsim wrote:

2 changes made for tmw. Was going to go for Gerrans but decided against it.

So was I, might still risk it. 10 pens for me either way

and just a general post, glad I didn't come on this evening earlier as I knew what was going to happen, whatever happened to a constructive debate? For me it was a racing incident, Cav went where there was little space, but ultimately looked like Coquard actually put the nail in the coffin and caused the crash by knocking Gerrans back with his push round the outside. At the end of the day, maybe Cav shouldn't have gone for that gap, but he hardly intended to ruin Gerrans day, and for that matter his own race.

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

Disliking Cadel has nothing to do with him being an Aussie. The bloke has had a personality bypass.

I like Gerrans, a lot.

Pages

Latest Comments