Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

TdF Stage 1

Right, my team is picked, transfers planned for stages 2,3,4 and 5 already. (Ho ho ho)

Have left out some big names so a little bit of a gamble for stages 1 and 2.

And no, I'm not posting my team yet.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

162 comments

chiv30 replied to VVV73 | 9 years ago
0 likes
VVV73 wrote:
thefatcyclist wrote:

Coquard caused the crash ultimately, Cavendish and Gerrans had untangled, then Coquard hit Gerrans, who's wheel crossed in front of Cav, then both down.
Cavendish was leaning into Gerrans to start with, but Gerrans was riding with his elbows right out, and it was so spread out peeling off riders were not able to clear.

But I blaim Cancellara in fact, because his jump of the nose, which was never going to succeed in a month of Monday's caused chaos in the sprint teams.

I hope both are ok tho'

Might as well blame Cofidis too then, for taking off then shitting themselves on hill and upsetting trains on right side (LTB/Giant) ?

You sir are turning into a blinkered tool ....

As a true cycling fan you should be more concerned about how the riders are rather than sticking the blame anywhere .....it's a pro Sprint there will be nudging, elbows ,heads going in all over the place but obviously because an Aussie was involved it had to be someone else's fault  40

VVV73 replied to chiv30 | 9 years ago
0 likes

As a true cycling fan you should be more concerned about how the riders are rather than sticking the blame anywhere .....it's a pro Sprint there will be nudging, elbows ,heads going in all over the place but obviously because an Aussie was involved it had to be someone else's fault #o[/quote]
Cause until I came along all , no one was here to defend Aussie's like Cadel against Gkam and rest of Anti Australian here.
One of the best Ambasssdor's the sport has ever had, and I am not even a fan of him personally, but I respect every thing he has done on and off the bike.
World Mtn bike champ
world road race Champ
TDF winner.

“Ble, ble, ble, that’s all folks!”

0 likes
VVV73 wrote:
Quote:

As a true cycling fan you should be more concerned about how the riders are rather than sticking the blame anywhere .....it's a pro Sprint there will be nudging, elbows ,heads going in all over the place but obviously because an Aussie was involved it had to be someone else's fault  40

Cause until I came along all , no one was here to defend Aussie's like Cadel against Gkam and rest of Anti Australian here.
One of the best Ambasssdor's the sport has ever had, and I am not even a fan of him personally, but I respect every thing he has done on and off the bike.
World Mtn bike champ
world road race Champ
TDF winner.

“Ble, ble, ble, that’s all folks!”

Oops I'm sorry I didn't realise anyone had started slagging gerro off for this crash before your first comment .....silly me

As for defending cuddles are you really using that as an excuse for acting like an idiot?
You are even getting on your fellow countrymens nerves it seems

0 likes

Cadel is a bit of a strange one and does his own thing. He is all about family.

As for calling Gerrans arrogant, if you knew what you were talking about at all you know you would struggle to find a nicer person in the peleton.
Feel free to ask around.

0 likes
VVV73 wrote:

As for calling Gerrans arrogant, if you knew what you were talking about at all you know you would struggle to find a nicer person in the peleton.
Feel free to ask around.

Jens voigt
Geraint Thomas
Spartacus

There's 3 for you oh and froome

0 likes
chiv30 wrote:
VVV73 wrote:

Feel free to ask around.

Jens voigt
Geraint Thomas
Spartacus

I agree , 3 top blokes .... am I wrong about Gerrans tho am I, ok.
Froome tho COUGH....LOL yeah everyone loves froomey, Ask Wiggo.
BTW Spartacus is my FAV rider, Oh hang on he isn't Australian.
Marco Pantani my all time fav, lucky I am half Sicilian, I guess. Love Jan Ullrich too.

0 likes
VVV73 wrote:
chiv30 wrote:
VVV73 wrote:

Feel free to ask around.

Jens voigt
Geraint Thomas
Spartacus

Marco Pantani my all time fav, lucky I am half Sicilian, I guess. Love Jan Ullrich too.

You asked for riders you got them , as for wiggo prima donna but ur now going off topic

Simple fact is you jumped and always do on the crash to blame anyone but gerro....my point holds as a fan you should have been more concerned about the riders and also be able to listen rather than getting so aggressive vin regards to anyone else's opinion

You started the whole crash debate no one else

0 likes
chiv30 wrote:
VVV73 wrote:
chiv30 wrote:
VVV73 wrote:

Feel free to ask around.

Jens voigt
Geraint Thomas
Spartacus

You asked for riders you got them , as for wiggo prima donna but ur now going off topic

Simple fact is you jumped and always do on the crash to blame anyone but gerro....my point holds as a fan you should have been more concerned about the riders and also be able to listen rather than getting so aggressive vin regards to anyone else's opinion

You started the whole crash debate no one else

What ever mate I said earlier I will be sitting up all night to see if Simon is ok, I have just been on his twitter page, He is ok, lost some skin will be back.

As for Cav , Kharma's a bitch lucky he didn't seriously hurt someone, have a lok at the footage, the photo, the official site. ITV report will be interesting indeed. Like I said Graeme Brown did half that didn't even cause a fall and was Kicked off tour.
Oh and of course Cav always has his motivies as its ALL ABOUT HIM. Win for mummy at all costs and others.
It wouldn't be a big deal Steve, if Cav didn't whinge and cry about same thing every time he loses. Oh and steals reporters phones when they doing
n their job, yep top human being. If it aint about Cav he doesn't want to know.

ray silvester replied to thefatcyclist | 9 years ago
0 likes
thefatcyclist wrote:

Coquard caused the crash ultimately, Cavendish and Gerrans had untangled, then Coquard hit Gerrans, who's wheel crossed in front of Cav, then both down.
Cavendish was leaning into Gerrans to start with, but Gerrans was riding with his elbows right out, and it was so spread out peeling off riders were not able to clear.

But I blaim Cancellara in fact, because his jump of the nose, which was never going to succeed in a month of Monday's caused chaos in the sprint teams.

I hope both are ok tho'

Or take it back further and blame Cofidis 3 man effort over to the left prior to Spartacus' effort.....or even further back and blame the Jensie......hell let's go all the way back and blame Kate Middleton for starting the race?

VVV73 replied to ray silvester | 9 years ago
0 likes
ray silvester wrote:
thefatcyclist wrote:

I hope both are ok tho'

Or take it back further and blame Cofidis 3 man effort over to the left prior to Spartacus' effort.....or even further back and blame the Jensie......hell let's go all the way back and blame Kate Middleton for starting the race?

That's funny cause if you read back I said exactly the same thing bout Cofidis riders in reply to Spartacus remark, and in no short terms got told Iwas more or less being a plonker...more names...have a look. Absolutely hilairous.

ray silvester replied to VVV73 | 9 years ago
0 likes
VVV73 wrote:
ray silvester wrote:
thefatcyclist wrote:

I hope both are ok tho'

That's funny cause if you read back I said exactly the same thing bout Cofidis riders in reply to Spartacus remark, and in no short terms got told Iwas more or less being a plonker...more names...have a look. Absolutely hilairous.

I was only really commenting on the events of the 'scrap' in the race to be honest rather than reacting to the 'scrap' on the forum.....and even then only in an effort to try to be a bit humorous.

Never really had a beef with VVV(apart from the Caps Lock)....in fact we've always had some decent pommie/aussie banter(his assertion that Phil Taylor was England's greatest ever spoirtsman was a good'un) so won't be commenting on the personal attacks flowing back and forth......but will say that people seem to be taking umbrage with perceived insults that are actually terms of endearment in the 'bar-room' vocabulary in their particular country(i.e you wouldn't have to know someone to call them 'mate' in Oz whilst friends call each other 'plonker' all the time in England).

If anyone's interested about the condition of the riders it would appear that Cavendish has a torn clavical ligament(good luck with that on the Pave!!) and is(or was as of last night) 50/50 to start stage 2 whilst Gerrans has lost a fair bit of skin and will definitely start it.........Fantasy Cycling wise I've seen riders crash before like Gerrans and then removed them or discounted them from the next stage only to see them perform superhumanly and win the stage almost as if the extra adrenalin from the previous day's crash has somehow improved their physiology?

Phew......lively start to the race eh?

VVV73 replied to ray silvester | 9 years ago
0 likes
ray silvester wrote:
VVV73 wrote:
ray silvester wrote:
thefatcyclist wrote:

I hope both are ok tho'

I was only really commenting on the events of the 'scrap' in the race to be honest rather than reacting to the 'scrap' on the forum.....and even then only in an effort to try to be a bit humorous.

Never really had a beef with VVV(apart from the Caps Lock)....in fact we've always had some decent pommie/aussie banter(his assertion that Phil Taylor was England's greatest ever spoirtsman was a good'un) so won't be commenting on the personal attacks flowing back and forth......but will say that people seem to be taking umbrage with perceived insults that are actually terms of endearment in the 'bar-room' vocabulary in their particular country(i.e you wouldn't have to know someone to call them 'mate' in Oz whilst friends call each other 'plonker' all the time in England).

If anyone's interested about the condition of the riders it would appear that Cavendish has a torn clavical ligament(good luck with that on the Pave!!) and is(or was as of last night) 50/50 to start stage 2 whilst Gerrans has lost a fair bit of skin and will definitely start it.........Fantasy Cycling wise I've seen riders crash before like Gerrans and then removed them or discounted them from the next stage only to see them perform superhumanly and win the stage almost as if the extra adrenalin from the previous day's crash has somehow improved their physiology?

Phew......lively start to the race eh?

thank you Ray, I cant see what I did wrong, before I was called a little bitch, Cretin, Criminal and some other derogatory remarks ? Caps is just an emphaisis on that point , where does it say all caps are shouting ? But Ok , Thank you again.
P.s. Ray, Gerrans said he is going to be feeling pretty sore today, but I agree he can win stage still just ruined any chance of him getting yellow.
Chavanel, Voecklar and Vinikourov 3 riders who come to mind of riders who love to ride hurt and stick it to the man.

Joelsim replied to ray silvester | 9 years ago
0 likes
ray silvester wrote:
thefatcyclist wrote:

I hope both are ok tho'

Let's blame James Hewitt's son. A cad and and bounder for sure!

madindehead | 9 years ago
0 likes

Looking at it, can't say anyone was specifically at fault. Doors closed around both of them, Gerrans went for Sagan's wheel, with Cav right next to him.

Garrans was slightly ahead of Cav, so overall it's hard to say who is at fault.

VVV73 replied to madindehead | 9 years ago
0 likes
madindehead wrote:

Looking at it, can't say anyone was specifically at fault. Doors closed around both of them, Gerrans went for Sagan's wheel, with Cav right next to him.

Garrans was slightly ahead of Cav, so overall it's hard to say who is at fault.

UMMM, Cav was at 45 degrees nearly leaning all over Gerrans, Gramae Brown got kicked off tour few years ago for nodding his head into shoulder of CAV(protected species) BTW this forums seems to be only one thinks otherwise.

philjthommo30 minutes ago
Looked like Cav caused that crash by trying to push gerro out?
+12

notworthaToot29 minutes ago

Kind of looked that way.
+5

philjthommo26 minutes ago

Much like last years crash where Cav changes his line and expects others to move over.
+9

mickeypius23 minutes ago

i agree. cav wants to win so much he looses his head. what a massive shame for all the riders involved.
+6
vassosa22 minutes ago

I said that here before, you may look on the internet for that. Oscar Freire said that Cavendish was a dangerous man. He said Cav sprints are known for causing too much falls and he should get penalized more often. Though the interview was some years ago, that still looks to be correct.
+5

From Major Cycling site, check all the Plus's next to these comments  1

madindehead replied to VVV73 | 9 years ago
0 likes

I'm merely commenting on what I saw. Is no one allowed to have an open mind anymore? No we all have to suddenly jump on the blame wagon? And saying "a major cycling site" doesn't help, since there are a lot of cycling forums...

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

I agree. Nobody to blame but himself.

How is Gerrans?

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

How is Gerrans?

VVV73 replied to Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes
Joelsim wrote:

How is Gerrans?

Not sure Joel, I am shattered. I will be staying up till I hear news.
I thought he could win tomorrow, and even maybe wear yellow.

0 likes

Opps !

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

Viviani has it so far. For someone who is supposed to be targeting the points jersey Kristoff didn't even join the intermediate sprint

0 likes

CAV is the biggest whinging dog to ever ride a bike, fancy calling other people dangerous. He had absolutely no right to do that( thinks he got right away all the time), ruined his and Gerrans TDF prob and many more , first day. WHAT A TOOL!  14

CXR94Di2 replied to VVV73 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Sad incident for all those caught up, pointless comments about whose fault it might of been.

VVV73 replied to CXR94Di2 | 9 years ago
0 likes
CXR94Di2 wrote:

Sad incident for all those caught up, pointless comments about whose fault it might of been.

Have you heard Cav whinge every tour about dangerous riders and riders who shouldn't be there. You can't defend that , he was WAY OUT OF LINE. everyone called Cadel a dog in Giro (he didn't endanger any lives), yet Cav's is going to break someone's neck one day.
I actually made a comment to mate 12 hours earlier about Cav pushing into other teams trains back in the day!

let me Guess, Your British  1

stevemarks replied to VVV73 | 9 years ago
0 likes
VVV73 wrote:
CXR94Di2 wrote:

Have you heard Cav whinge every tour about dangerous riders and riders who shouldn't be there. You can't defend that , he was WAY OUT OF LINE. everyone called Cadel a dog in Giro (he didn't endanger any lives), yet Cav's is going to break someone's neck one day.
I actually made a comment to mate 12 hours earlier about Cav pushing into other teams trains back in the day!

These comments appear to be before I "chimed in" so I think its a bit rich the you started it name calling.

Cavendish is a legend to me. 25 grand tour wins, world champion, put cycling in the public eye here by becoming Sports personality of the year before Wiggins had even won the tour de France. Calling him a whining dog and the most dangerous rider in the peleton is not going to stand well with me and I stand by everything I have said. In my one real name.

I have never had a problem with Evans, or any Aussie rider, they all seem to be great athletes and good people, I do not slag off the riders I do not like on Aussie forums just to get a rise out of people. There are plenty of riders I do not like but I try to keep that to myself.

I'll ask you a question, how did I know what you had said before I even logged into the thread? What made me recognise your pseudonym and think "here we go" before I had even read your comment. It is not about whether Cav's caused the accident or not, just your prejudicial hate of my hero, perhaps in much the same way that you wanted to defend Cadel.

I am quite happy to argue and banter with you about it forever, but it's pretty pointless now lets move onto the next one.

I couldn't afford to put Gerrans in my team today because I wanted Valverde and Sagan. I hope Gerrans wins today because it would be a nice story and I am a big fan of Orica generally, I live near Neil Stephens in the summer, and was pretty upset that Bling crashed before the tour as I had high hopes of him being a real star this year. Still think he will be.

Let's move on!

VVV73 replied to stevemarks | 9 years ago
0 likes
stevemarks wrote:
VVV73 wrote:
CXR94Di2 wrote:

These comments appear to be before I "chimed in" so I think its a bit rich the you started it name calling.

Cavendish is a legend to me. 25 grand tour wins, world champion, put cycling in the public eye here by becoming Sports personality of the year before Wiggins had even won the tour de France. Calling him a whining dog and the most dangerous rider in the peleton is not going to stand well with me and I stand by everything I have said. In my one real name.

I have never had a problem with Evans, or any Aussie rider, they all seem to be great athletes and good people, I do not slag off the riders I do not like on Aussie forums just to get a rise out of people. There are plenty of riders I do not like but I try to keep that to myself.

I'll ask you a question, how did I know what you had said before I even logged into the thread? What made me recognise your pseudonym and think "here we go" before I had even read your comment. It is not about whether Cav's caused the accident or not, just your prejudicial hate of my hero, perhaps in much the same way that you wanted to defend Cadel.

I am quite happy to argue and banter with you about it forever, but it's pretty pointless now lets move onto the next one.

I couldn't afford to put Gerrans in my team today because I wanted Valverde and Sagan. I hope Gerrans wins today because it would be a nice story and I am a big fan of Orica generally, I live near Neil Stephens in the summer, and was pretty upset that Bling crashed before the tour as I had high hopes of him being a real star this year. Still think he will be.

Let's move on!

Lets move on when you clearly in the wrong attacking me.
After I pointed out you started this personal attack here.

What is so wrong with what is written above .
PLEASE EXPLAIN THIS TO ME..
what did I saywrong there?
oh Cav is a professional sportsmen open to crisitism.

I DID NOT START A PERSONAL ATTACK ON A MEMBER OF THIS FORUM.

This is a public forum about cycling , I seen far worse here written about other riders then I have ever written. Dog and Tool???
Actually lets go back and see what was written about Cadel in Giro, yet not a word about Quintana a few stages later, who is being pulled over the coals atm by UCI
Lets move on when you clearly in the wrong attacking me.

U never called a footballer a name mate hey ever, I bet I wouldn't have to look back far in here to find some. I never called u anything. YOU are way out of line.

Never bagged Cav's ability, but I nearly choked when some said is he the best ever last year when he won his 200th stage, Ever heard of a bloke called Zabel .400 +

Yeah Lance Armstrong was a legend too, Bet you called him some names , even before he was proven guilty ?

0 likes
stevemarks wrote:
VVV73 wrote:
CXR94Di2 wrote:

I do not slag off the riders I do not like on Aussie forums just to get a rise out of people.

See this is your problem (I know a good Shrink) not mine, if you seriously think I come here to SLAG OFF BRITISH RIDERS and I am not a full paying premium member who was leading the OVERALL NON PREMIUM PURIST LEADER! till last week of this SITE.

The reason I said You must be British is because he defended Cav in what IMO was undefendble ! With the man Himself admitting so
This is the only rider I have ever slagged off, shown my reasons and provide articles why.
YET you START this personal attack on me, I never said a word about YOU!
And I am the unreasonable person, am I.

0 likes
stevemarks wrote:
VVV73 wrote:
CXR94Di2 wrote:

I don't know how you come up with these str8 up lies or defamatory remarks?
Or did you just need to pay attention more in written comprehension at school ?

CAV is the biggest whinging dog to ever ride a bike, fancy calling other people dangerous. He had absolutely no right to do that( thinks he got right away all the time), ruined his and Gerrans TDF prob and many more , first day. WHAT A TOOL!

Firstly were did I say HE IS THE MOST DANERGOUS RIDER IN THE PELETON ?

I actually think Tylar Farrar is the most reckless rider in the peleton and always have and right up there when it comes to losing his cool and accusing everyone else.
Secondly Cav has won 25 GRAND TOURS has he. 25 x Giro,TDF, Veulta -GC ?
25 grand tours stage wins I think !
Little old Pettachi has won 48 himself  1 Then withdraws.
One thing I have always said , is I give Cav mega credit for finishing a TDF unlike Zabel or Pettachi.
Kudo's on that acheivment. Just don't like THE MAN, his ability is second to none.

And BTW Cadel has won BOTH those Titles you are referring to for the TWO of
them and FIRST.
Cuddles has been a champion mountain biker, winning the World Cup in 1998 and 1999.
Won the men's World Championship road race in Mendrisio, Switzerland in 2009

Then
" Pièce de résistance"
Wins the TDF becoming the first Australian to win the Tour de France and the oldest to win the overall general classification in the post-war era !

The win elicited much celebration in his home nation with calls for a national holiday as his win was compared to that of the 1983 America's Cup which was considered Australia's greatest sporting achievement !

Don't Stand to Long lol  1

stevemarks replied to VVV73 | 9 years ago
0 likes
VVV73 wrote:

CAV is the biggest whinging dog to ever ride a bike, fancy calling other people dangerous. He had absolutely no right to do that( thinks he got right away all the time), ruined his and Gerrans TDF prob and many more , first day. WHAT A TOOL!  14

Funny, when I saw that your comment was the latest on this forum thread I knew instantly that you would be whining like a bitch that Cavendish was at fault and poor Gerrans was the victim. How did I know that? You have not got a clue from those TV images what actually happened, or what goes on in a pro sprint finish. Maybe Cav was at fault maybe not but for sure there is only one tool involved here.... You are such a Pomme!

0 likes
stevemarks wrote:
VVV73 wrote:

Funny, when I saw that your comment was the latest on this forum thread I knew instantly that you would be whining like a bitch that Cavendish was at fault and poor Gerrans was the victim. How did I know that? You have not got a clue from those TV images what actually happened, or what goes on in a pro sprint finish. Maybe Cav was at fault maybe not but for sure there is only one tool involved here.... You are such a Pomme!

Thread was fine till here, where Iwas attacked by Steve. People were agreeing with me and no mention of my post be whatever you reckon it is. Was a perfectly fin e post..... Am Iwrong about this or am Iseeing things incorrectly. Joel and Ihad convered thru night not a problem. Then stve comes in cuts loose on me calling me names from the get go for expressing my opinoin, oh no called cav a tool. Bet he is calling himsaelf that atm.
I don't feel this what my fault till serously PROVOKED?
PLEASE tell me where I was out of line or totally wrong for expressing my opinion before being attacked and called names by Steve.. Please someone tell me, cause I can't see exactly what I did wrong?????????????????????
Am I ? ? ?
Sorry for spelling on tablet atm.

Pages

Latest Comments