Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

11Speed Campag Using A Shimano Cassette On a Turbo?

I'm hoping one of the sages here can help.

I'm looking at investing in a new TT but everything comes shipped with a Shimano freehub.

The bike going onto it is 11speed Campag equipped.

Am I correct in believing that 11-speed Campag is compatible with an 11-speed Shimano cassette? It may be a tad clunky but works?

TIA

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

6 comments

Daniel Norton | 1 year ago
1 like

It will work fine and won't be clunky.  11 Speed chains and cassettes are compatible between Shimano and Campy.

It is only the shifters and derailleurs that are not cross-compatible, due to different cable pull ratios.

matthewn5 | 1 year ago
1 like

It should do,  I have wheels with 11 speed Campag and Shimano cassettes and find they are interchangeable without even adjusting the cable.

check12 | 1 year ago
1 like

11 speed cassettes are all compatible with each other (SRAM, campag, shimano) the gaps between cogs are the same and overall distance between 1st and last cog is the same. (Cassettes need correct freehub body though, campag for campag and shimano for Sram and shimano) 

don simon fbpe | 1 year ago
0 likes

I have an Elite Direto X for sale with a Campagnolo 11speed already fitted, if interested.

S13SFC replied to don simon fbpe | 1 year ago
0 likes

don simon fbpe wrote:

I have an Elite Direto X for sale with a Campagnolo 11speed already fitted, if interested.

How much?

don simon fbpe replied to S13SFC | 1 year ago
0 likes

I'd go £450 (plus p&P) with the Camapagnolo freehub and maybe I'll throw in an adjustable table and fan.

Latest Comments