Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

10 of the most hysterical anti-cycling Daily Mail headlines

We read it so you don't have to ...

Simon joined road.cc as news editor in 2009 and is now the site’s community editor, acting as a link between the team producing the content and our readers. A law and languages graduate, published translator and former retail analyst, he has reported on issues as diverse as cycling-related court cases, anti-doping investigations, the latest developments in the bike industry and the sport’s biggest races. Now back in London full-time after 15 years living in Oxford and Cambridge, he loves cycling along the Thames but misses having his former riding buddy, Elodie the miniature schnauzer, in the basket in front of him.

Add new comment

19 comments

Avatar
davel | 2685 posts | 6 years ago
0 likes

She's got too much delightful for one paper to handle.

Avatar
Simon_MacMichael | 2733 posts | 6 years ago
4 likes

To anyone saying "Don't click on the links," Read The F****** Article.

All links, other than Number 10 are to road.cc articles, not Daily Mail.

Not just the Daily Mail that has knee-jerk commenters, I guess  3

Avatar
ktache | 5918 posts | 6 years ago
1 like

I am not prepared to give them their dues, but they did do a bit about how wrong phone use whilst driving was bad.

 

Avatar
RTB | 242 posts | 6 years ago
0 likes

Well what a bunch of metro Grauniad readers you lot come across as.  Thinking in such small spheres.  The DM are generally crap and twisted when it comes to all things cycling but you completely ignore the flip side of their many investigative pieces which have blown the gaff on many insidious malpractices and injustices.  Seeing that so many cannot see beyond their stems hardly surprising that such things would just fly by.

Avatar
Danger Dicko | 286 posts | 6 years ago
5 likes

DONT CLICK ON ANY OF THE LINKS!

Avatar
fixit | 172 posts | 6 years ago
1 like

"CAN EVEN KILL WITHOUT PROSECUTION" ???? Where does that come from? Did they misinterpreted the news from a car driver? are they nuts? I BET THEY ARE!!

Avatar
Leviathan | 3028 posts | 6 years ago
1 like

I am surprised you had to go back to 2010 for some of these.

Avatar
RTB replied to Leviathan | 242 posts | 6 years ago
0 likes

Leviathan wrote:

I am surprised you had to go back to 2010 for some of these.

 

Good point.  Ergo grasping, straws and much.

Avatar
mike the bike | 1534 posts | 6 years ago
3 likes

 

The Daily Mail.  Like twenty minutes in a lunatic asylum.

Avatar
RTB replied to mike the bike | 242 posts | 6 years ago
1 like

mike the bike wrote:

 

The Daily Mail.  Like twenty minutes in a lunatic asylum.

 

Wouldn't know personally.  Perhaps you can share your insight.

Avatar
crazy-legs | 1314 posts | 6 years ago
2 likes

Old article but well worth repeating:

https://aseasyasridingabike.wordpress.com/2012/09/25/the-terrible-journa...

The Daily Mail follow this guide almost religously when writing about cycling / cyclists...

Avatar
handlebarcam | 1486 posts | 6 years ago
2 likes

To be fair to the Daily Mail - I just threw up a little bit in my mouth - cycling is one of the few things they've made their minds up on whether it cures or causes cancer (the former, suprisingly.) Not sure what they reckon it's effects on house prices are though.

Avatar
burtthebike replied to handlebarcam | 3438 posts | 6 years ago
3 likes

handlebarcam wrote:

To be fair to the Daily Mail - I just threw up a little bit in my mouth - cycling is one of the few things they've made their minds up on whether it cures or causes cancer (the former, suprisingly.) Not sure what they reckon it's effects on house prices are though.

DM's view about cycling's effect on house prices is dependent on whether the person riding the bike is an immigrant or a muslim.

Avatar
burtthebike | 3438 posts | 6 years ago
14 likes

This must have taken days to assemble, given the difficulty of choosing a mere ten from the hundreds available.

Avatar
Yorkshire wallet | 2405 posts | 6 years ago
4 likes

Stopped reading at 'Petronella Wyatt'.

 

Avatar
bohrhead | 82 posts | 6 years ago
10 likes

It's a shame you had to link to the articles.  Someone might click on them and give them advertising revenue.

Avatar
RTB replied to bohrhead | 242 posts | 6 years ago
0 likes

bohrhead wrote:

It's a shame you had to link to the articles.  Someone might click on them and give them advertising revenue.

 

Ha ha ha.  Biggest online media outlet in the world so I don't suppose they'll miss the billionth of their revenue that could come from a few road.cc click throughs.

Avatar
davel replied to RTB | 2685 posts | 6 years ago
4 likes
RTB wrote:

bohrhead wrote:

It's a shame you had to link to the articles.  Someone might click on them and give them advertising revenue.

 

Ha ha ha.  Biggest online media outlet in the world so I don't suppose they'll miss the billionth of their revenue that could come from a few road.cc click throughs.

FOUR separate posts to defend the Wail?

Between their, ahem, top-notch investigative pieces and pictures of Mylene Klass looking delightful in a co-ordinated swimsuit as she frolics on the beach, where do you get the time?

Avatar
Simon_MacMichael replied to davel | 2733 posts | 6 years ago
1 like

davel wrote:

FOUR separate posts to defend the Wail? Between their, ahem, top-notch investigative pieces and pictures of Mylene Klass looking delightful in a co-ordinated swimsuit as she frolics on the beach, where do you get the time?

Funnily enough, noticed while queueing in the newsagents earlier that today it is The Sun wot has a front page pic of Mylene Klass looking delightful in a co-ordinated swimsuit etc.

Latest Comments