Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Sram red etap front derailleur function button stuck

My sram red etap front derailleur function button doesn't respond anymore. I can't push it in.
I had troubles with my rear derailleur, suddenly it didn't wanna shift anymore swapping batteries front to back made them shift again but made the front derailleur not shift anymore.
Wanting to repair the derailleurs to resolve the issue I figuered out that I couldn't push the button anymore from the FD
Anyone an idea how to fix this. I tried to disassemble the derailleur but can't dissasmble it enough to reach the button.

Thanks a lot.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

1 comments

Mat Brett | 2 years ago
0 likes

Hi NICKVDM

SRAM told us that they couldn't give a specific diagnosis in this way but said that there's a protocol to follow. 

The first step is always to go to your local dealer (ideally where you bought the bike or, if it didn't come on a complete bike, the part in question).

The dealer will need to raise the issue with ZyroFisher or Raleigh, depending on the distributor they deal with. Then the distributor will get in touch with the UK SRAM Tech Centre to sort the problem.

They don't suggest disassembling the derailleur yourself.

I hope this helps.

Latest Comments