Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Software for Turbo Trainer

I have just acquired the Elite Suito turbo trainer but have little idea about the various software options on offer. Of course I have heard of Zwift and the trainer comes with a free 30 day trial, plus a free 12 month trial of their own software, My E-Training.

I am not particularly bothered with the racing aspect but would instead like to be able to upload routes I create from Strava and ride them on the trainer. My E-Training allows me to do this but when I send the activity to Strava it shows as only an indoor activity with virtually no data. If I manually upload the file then it shows a bit more (power, heart rate and cadence) but the file contains no gps points and no elevation details - pretty useless for my stats!

So I guess the most important thing for me is to be able to ride routes (preferably with a video integration) and be able to then upload these to Strava with the GPS and elevation data.

Any tips on which offerings might suit my needs best?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Latest Comments