Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

forum

Purchasing cycling kit from Europe

Hi

Has anyone recently purchased cycling kit online from Europe and when it was delivered had to pay charges?

What charges did you have to pay? Where they higher than expected?

Please ask your cycling friends as well #Thanks

Bren

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

IanGlasgow | 2 years ago
1 like

I spent €148 on shoes from eXXposed in Germany in March 2021. I wasn't aware there was a £135 limit but it worked out under £127 on my credit card so I was below it.
No postage to pay, no charges and no problems.
Unfortunately I had to return them because they didn't fit (and exchange for a larger size), return postage cost me more than the maximum refund Paypal covers.

Awavey | 2 years ago
1 like

similar to the others, Ive bought kit from Europe under £135 for sure, but no extra charges on delivery, I paid probably a bit more on postage than before, but not enough to put me off considering, and it was just as quickly delivered as before.

Sriracha | 2 years ago
1 like

I bought stuff from Bikester both before and after brexit and I noticed zero difference - good prices, no charges to pay, and quick delivery. My purchases were always below £135 if that makes a difference.

matthewn5 | 2 years ago
1 like

I haven't had to pay charges, but I've been careful to stay under the £135 limit.

Latest Comments