Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Foot hotspots

I'm trying to diagnose some hotspots I'm getting with my right foot on longer rides - 80+ miles- but not sure where to start. I ride SPD' style cleats so use MTB shoes for all my riding.   My pedals have a small body (Retro Onza HO's) but bigger than a shimano MTB spd. 
 The hot spot appears in a single place on the ball of my foot behind my second littlest toe.

I already have superfeet insoles for arch support  and my left hand cleat is shimmed with an angled wedge but my right isn't.   Both on recommendation from a bike fit. 

Any thoughts on where to start? Obviously 80 mile rides aren't easy to come by reliably and new shoes and pedal could get expensive. 

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Latest Comments

• Rich_cb 0 sec ago

Russia threw a huge heap of money at Alex Salmond after he left power and Corbyn still has a large following in the UK Labour party so I suspect he...

• lonpfrb 21 min 9 sec ago

Rather than confrontation, there is Avoidance. Specifically providing the spacially challenged drivers with a visual aid showing the minimum...

• NOtotheEU 27 min 44 sec ago

I bought a Shimano cassette from Amazon and another from E-bay during lockdown and I'm very suspicious of both. The packaging looked perfect but...

• hirsute 30 min 20 sec ago

Congratulations - your subscription has now gone up in recognition!

• galibiervelo 39 min 41 sec ago

Riders who use these aerobars and the one piece bar and stem getting more popular; the wider, flat shape of the top of the bars mean, when you are...

• Themadchemist 1 hour 5 min ago

Just thought I'd add my experience of cycling helmets. I'm of the age where we never used to wear them.. then they became compulsory for racing,and...

• Themadchemist 1 hour 19 min ago

I've had 2 KMC chains fail on my campag 10spd equipped bike,probably 5yrs ago.. Fortunately they both broke within a mile of home and I was able to...

• Awavey 1 hour 42 min ago

especially when they can often take 4 to 5 of their 7 days just to send you the link to upload the clip, but the stats they publish, although they...

• David9694 2 hours 2 min ago

PS On the Eastern Daily Press site, there's a "watch local videos" spinner in most stories, which has various dashcam compilations, including from...

• Quixotic22 2 hours 44 min ago

Benefits of this over intervals.icu?