Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Endurance Road Bike for around the £1000 Mark.

Hello there.

As the title suggests, I am looking for my first road bike around the £1000 price mark. I have previously ridden MTB and Hybrid, but would like to get into road cycling. I am around 6ft tall and 15.5 stone currently, a little overweight if I have to be honest. Road cycling has interested for me sometime now and I really want to get out there and sort myself out a little.

I am looking at something with a relaxed approach, as comfortable as possible, and a decent spec if the budget allows. I have been pointed towards the endurance category which do seem to tick the boxes for me. I like the idea of a more upright position and I know for sure that racing is not what I am after.

I appreciate there are lots of choices out there and to be honest I'm getting lost. I would really a 105 setup, and am tempted towards discs if possible. I have been trying to find something with hydraulic discs, but I know this will push things up on the price point.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me, to something which would suit the kind of thing I am after.

Thank you very much and I appreciate the help in advance.

Mike.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Latest Comments