Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Daily Flail toxicity OMG!

I give up. Have a look through some of the comments for this piece of clickbait:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10229533/Abusive-cyclists-plagu...

Or rather don't, if you want to maintain any optimisim in the world...

Honesty, I pity the UK population if this is what we have come to. 

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

39 comments

Hirsute | 2 years ago
4 likes

Although the text says

Cyclists and other visitors are being accused of putting themselves and others in danger by interfering with the ancient practice by ignoring warning signs and spooking ponies during the annual custom.

I have yet to find a comment on other visitors.

OldRidgeback replied to Hirsute | 2 years ago
5 likes

None of the comments from readers of the Daily Hate mentioned illegal immigrants at least. 

johndevs replied to OldRidgeback | 2 years ago
4 likes

Give 'em time. I did see Brexit/Remain in the comments (didn't quite get who was being labelled with what though), so I'm sure it won't take long before one of the darling little fascists makes that leap to immigrants coming over here wreckin' our forests, scarin' our ponies, scarin' our pedestrians. 

OldRidgeback replied to johndevs | 2 years ago
0 likes

I see one comment in this thread already about cyclists possibly using loud horns to scare horses deliberately. 

Hirsute | 2 years ago
20 likes

One decent comment

90 animals killed and injured by car drivers in the New Forest in 2019. Number of animals killed by cyclists: 0.

Rome73 replied to Hirsute | 2 years ago
2 likes

That's a fact though. Not sure the Mail reader does facts. 

brooksby | 2 years ago
11 likes

Let me guess: is it going to be on about how ponies are killed on a daily basis by Evil Cyclists, and how hard-pressed speeding three tonne SUVs are regularly held up by slow-coach cyclists, and then about how Something Needs To Be Done Cos Road Tax?

joe9090 replied to brooksby | 2 years ago
2 likes

Way way worse. More along the lines of "let's just string them up on crosses"

brooksby replied to joe9090 | 2 years ago
9 likes

"Crucifixion?" "Good... Over there on the left, one cross each".

Pages

Latest Comments