Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

What has happened to Bike Route Toaster

Not sure where else to ask this question but does anybody know what has happended to www.bikeroutetoaster.com it appears to have been down for over a week now.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

7 comments

Zermattjohn | 10 years ago
0 likes

BRT is back up and running as of end of Feb '14.

http://bikeroutetoaster.com/

Oscarzero | 10 years ago
0 likes

RideWithGPS is a great site which our club uses a lot with Toaster as the backup and route loader for older Garmins.

maryka | 10 years ago
0 likes

What's the recommended site for creating AND sharing gpx files/routes visually as well as downloading?

BikeHike would be perfect if you could save, link and display routes. This is what BRT did that I used more than anything.

Sadly Strava routes is currently my go-to but are there any others?

Oscarzero | 10 years ago
0 likes

Thanks for the replies. We thought as much. We use toaster and ridewithgps to ensure we have primary and backup for all club routes. Looks like we need to find an alternate DR. Cheers.

William Black | 10 years ago
0 likes

Oh Pants...I had a look before heading out over Dartmoor and couldn't get anything...I just assumed our Virgin was playing up again  2

That was a brilliant website.

sm | 10 years ago
0 likes

It's been coming - plenty of alternatives around. Still to find a decent mapping site that beats lifting a gpx from google maps (and those days look numbered with the new google maps in the offing).

Benway | 10 years ago
0 likes

Looks like it is dead. Google turned off version 2 of its API last week and any sites that use it will die with it or update to version 3. I have heard of people emailing them but without any response.

Best get over to gpxeditor or bike hike etc ...

Latest Comments