Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Omloop Het Nieuwsblad 2013 Climbs and Categories

I've always been a little confused about the climbs in the Spring races. For eaxmple, I don't know if I'm right, but I get the impression that the Omloop Het Nieuwsblad 2013 doesn't categorize their climbs. Am I right?

At least, I don't get that impression from the profile I've seen for the race. I think that may be true also for the other Spring races.

Does anyone know if the categorization exists? Can you point me to it? Thanks! Or, can anyone take a shot at comparing the climbs in these races to the Cat 4's or Cat 3's in the Grand Tours or other races?

I'm just trying to gauge their difficulty vis-a-vis other races which do categorize their climbs.

I don't know but, could it be that these climbs are just too short to categorize? Thanks! I appreciate any insight!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

1 comments

TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I don't think many of them are categorised due to the fact that there is no mountains competition of any kind. I may be wrong and they may categorize them, but not in the information released in the public domain

So they will hand out the teams the racebook which will have all the percentage and lengths etc, so they themselves will know the difficulty, but im not sure where us public can get the exact information  39

Latest Comments