Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Pictures of your Bike

So, I figured that no bicycle forum would be complete without pictures of bikes! Post your photos here, no bike will be refused: Road TT Triathlon Cyclocross MTB BMX Shixie Fixie And anything else! Lovely bikes lovely, but everyday bikes interesting too. I won't post first, but I'm taking pictures right now.  1 I wanna see what bikes you're all riding!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

1416 comments

russyparkin | 10 years ago
0 likes

my Salsa Chilli con Crosso

planning on racing cx this year, and a cheeky shot of it with the carbons on for a bit of road fun

124g | 10 years ago
0 likes

My Boardman CX Team a cracking ride

lisa76uk | 10 years ago
0 likes

I bought my GT GTR Series 3 (2010 model) from eBay in near immaculate condition due to the previous owner not using it all that much. The frame is butted hydroformed 6061 with carbon forks. The components did the job the job, but didn't really 'perform'. The ride initially felt very harsh.

I set about making upgrades, firstly a Selle Italia SLR Lady Flow saddle and Easton EC90 carbon seatpost which immediately improved the comfort. A friend at work gave me a spare handlebar from his collection which was a better fit, a Deda Elementi Big Piega, maybe not the most exciting bar, but, again, a lot more comfortable. The bike felt like it was carrying a lot of weight still and there seemed to be gaps in the 9 speed drivetrain. I'm um'd and ah'd and bit the bullet. I decided on the Shimano Ultegra 6800 groupset, more than perfect for me, only let down by the look of the chainset in my opinion (the Dura Ace version looks 'prettier'). I also got an RS81 C24 wheelset with 25mm Continental GP 4 Season tyres. I went for the C24s as I'm in the (seemingly constantly) windy North West, UK and the original 22mm deep rims were twitchy enough without going too much deeper. Overall I've shaved a good deal of weight from the bike since I've had it and got it down to 8.4kg which, although nowhere near a featherweight, really isn't too bad for an aluminium bike. (cue *grin*). Excuse the state of my flat decor. My excuse: forget decorating = more money for bike

edit: spelling

bashthebox | 10 years ago
0 likes

The new steed. 6.75kg, dura ace group, RS80 wheels (they'll be upgraded at some point). Fast as anything. I'm happy.

First ride.

harkstar | 10 years ago
1 like

This is my trusty triban 3 with carbon forks all for less than £300, never let me down not even a puncture, hopefully adding a new carbon summer bike soon

bailey19 | 10 years ago
3 likes

Picked up yesterday, Cevelo S3, Cosmic SLE's, Vector pedals.

njrobertson10 replied to bashthebox | 10 years ago
0 likes

is that a ritte custom paint?

bashthebox | 10 years ago
0 likes

Nope, it's a custom prototype. Watch this space.

sonyjim | 10 years ago
0 likes

My two bikes I use a lot. the 1986 Brian rourke is a great bike and I have just upgraded the wheels to the new Mavics. The Omega I have just built up over a period of years to the latest spec but will upgrade again as soon as finances allow. I do love Campag for the durability and the build quality.

sonyjim | 10 years ago
1 like

The one I only use on dry days !!!!!! this is a Merlin with titanium forks as well. It's just bad manners to use carbon forks !!!!

therevokid | 10 years ago
0 likes

My only road chariot  1

s_lim | 10 years ago
0 likes

My stable as it currently stands:
1. Cinelli Experience; used for racing. Highlights include American Classics Victory 30 wheels and Record crankset. Light, stiff and an ideal race machine for our roads
2. Cinelli Gazetta; used for everything else. This is my goto bike and is ridden daily. No significant mods, but look at it, it's lovely  1

Gareth W-R | 10 years ago
0 likes

New build finished, let's hope it rides as good as it looks!
Planet X RT58
Fulcrum racing 5 wheel set
Campagnolo Chorus shifters and chainset
Athena front and rear derailleurs
Centaur brakes
Miche 11spd cassette 12-29
Mix of finishing kit bontrager bars, deda zero 2 stem, 3T seatpost, charge saddle

Build weighs in at 7kg dead on with pedals, xs size as I am a short arse!

roadracer 76 | 10 years ago
2 likes

Here she is
Custom build
Full carbon
Di2
I can't get anymore carbon on it..

chrisp1973 | 10 years ago
0 likes

My AR5

SirCav | 10 years ago
0 likes

My new ride (and I love it): A Felt F95.
This was taken just after I took delivery of it and I had put it together and before setting it up properly - the saddle has come down a couple of inches. For the price I paid for it (£399 new from Wiggle) I could not be more pleased.

Ali Gibb | 10 years ago
1 like

My Villager Criterion, bought 2nd hand a few years ago from a random shop in Switzerland!

BigAl68 | 10 years ago
0 likes

My planet X RT58. She look great and rides like a dream.

Shanefutcher | 10 years ago
0 likes

Heres my baby fitted with fulcrum racing 5's shod with conti's gp4000s and it has a san marco saddle

DefUnct | 10 years ago
0 likes

My trusty Trek 1000 with Campagnolo Mirage components and Campagnolo Vento wheels. It still meets all my needs.

kev-s | 10 years ago
0 likes

some nice bike posted so far!

here's mine

the work bike

the good weather bike

the bmx collection (a couple have changed & more added  4  4 )

the around town bike

glynr36 | 10 years ago
0 likes

//fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/t1.0-9/p526x296/10007475_10201424926375378_5220084383893538966_n.jpg)

The Bianchi on todays ride

Flying Scot replied to Gareth W-R | 10 years ago
0 likes
Gareth W-R wrote:

Planet X RT58
Centaur brakes
Mix of finishing kit bontrager bars, deda zero 2 stem, 3T seatpost, charge saddle

Love it,thinking on doing the very same myself, only with Cinelli finishing kit, let's have a progress update in due course.

matthewn5 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Here's my 41-year old 1973 Raleigh Record 10-speed.

Back in working condition after a rebuild last year.
All original except the new alloy rims (old ones had rusted out).

Nervar cranks
Huret derailleurs
Weinmann centre-pull brakes
Weinmann brake levers
Raleigh's own fake Campag hubs
Brooks saddle
14kg!

It's a model made in Canada for the export market (I got it in Australia as a teenager).

//lh4.googleusercontent.com/-U4BOIyelVro/U0-cKJqQdoI/AAAAAAAAD7I/KJrYeLXSvvs/s640/Raleigh%2520Record%2520-%2520after.jpg)

Parkrider | 10 years ago
0 likes

Hi there, first time on this forum... So here's my bike!

therevokid | 10 years ago
0 likes

mine now in it's summer guise ... add
some tasty wheels (Royce and Ambrosio), lose
the guards and presto ..  4

Gareth W-R replied to Flying Scot | 10 years ago
0 likes
Flying Scot wrote:
Gareth W-R wrote:

Planet X RT58
Centaur brakes

Love it,thinking on doing the very same myself, only with Cinelli finishing kit, let's have a progress update in due course.

Right, bike rides fantastic, a lot nicer than my Cinelli experience in terms of comfort and speed feels very stable down hill, climbs really well and Centaur brakes work great. In all honesty Campagnolo veloce I have on the Cinelli works just as well almost as the chorus and Athena I have a bit of trouble with toe overlap at the front and I am only a size 7 shoe ( this also happens on my Cinelli though ). Had a bit of trouble setting up the 11 speed derailleur ( bit more finicky than 9 or 10 speed ) definitely build one up yourself. May cost a little more but you get a real nice spec for the cash, think mine came in under £1600 ish but I lost count. Get some Cinelli ram bars on it and it would look awesome. Maybe I will upgrade in due course but it was built on a budget, could make it lighter easily if you have the cash or what sort or ride you want. Would definitely recommend it

Flying Scot | 10 years ago
0 likes

Cheers Gareth, not super fussed about weight, but sounds great.

BGB29 | 10 years ago
1 like

My Cervelo R5 the day i picked it up back in the late summer of 2011.

SRAM Red Black edition groupset, Rotor 3D+ crank with Q-rings, Fizik Antares (now an Arione CX Carbon rail) and Zipp 404 Firecrest Tubs with Vittoria Evo CX 23mm tyres. Weight: 6.6kg - not bad for a size 58, pedals on.

Now runs Reynolds Attack carbon clinchers and 25mm tyres for practicality (Zipps for sale in the classified ads if anyone interested)

Rides like a dream.

Chubby | 10 years ago
1 like

Ribble R872

Pages

Latest Comments