Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Best road wheels on £500 ish

<p>Hi all</p>

<p>been riding for a while on an old pair of askiums but am ready for an upgrade!</p>

<p>have a cannondale synapse and think the best thing I can buy for it are some reasonable wheels.</p>

<p>now I’m no froome so am not looking to spend thousands but want a good set of all round wheels that roll well as everyone i ride with roll last me on the hills whilst I’m still pedalling along</p>

<p>budget of 500ish and needs to be rim brake.</p>

<p>Any advice greatly appreciated.</p>

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

8 comments

shutuplegz | 4 years ago
0 likes

Try spokesmanwheels.co.uk

You could easily better the Prime wheels spec for that price and they will be handbuilt. They have stock items on ebay too.

stucky | 4 years ago
0 likes

I've had the same questions for a while, finally decided to go for the prime 50mm, went on to the website and they're sold out. but I think they would be the best option for that budget

hawkinspeter replied to stucky | 4 years ago
0 likes

stucky wrote:

I've had the same questions for a while, finally decided to go for the prime 50mm, went on to the website and they're sold out. but I think they would be the best option for that budget

Wiggle have a set with white decals (assuming you're referring to the link I posted).

stucky replied to hawkinspeter | 4 years ago
0 likes

hawkinspeter wrote:

stucky wrote:

Wiggle have a set with white decals (assuming you're referring to the link I posted).

yeah, but I'm looking to get the black ones. they say they should have stock in 2-4 weeks so fingers crossed.

Richbeck | 4 years ago
1 like

David at DCR wheels - handbuilt all day long!

hawkinspeter | 4 years ago
0 likes

Prime wheels from Wiggle always seem very good value for money.
https://www.wiggle.co.uk/prime-rr-50-v2-carbon-clincher-wheelset/

OrangeRidley replied to hawkinspeter | 4 years ago
0 likes

hawkinspeter wrote:

Prime wheels from Wiggle always seem very good value for money. https://www.wiggle.co.uk/prime-rr-50-v2-carbon-clincher-wheelset/

+1 for Prime. And their alu wheels are good for the money too. Otherwise Hunt or Just Riding Along (JRA)

StraelGuy | 4 years ago
0 likes

These. Next!

Latest Comments