Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Itzulia Basque Country

Yeah....time to go climbing and rolling. Fields are getting stronger and stronger, no idea where to even start to try and unpick this one after the TT...

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

127 comments

MinardiM189 replied to Dr Winston | 5 years ago
0 likes

Dr Winston wrote:

Do you have a decent link for a preview Minardi?....I've only really looked at cyclingstages so far...and that's a bit thin...

I was looking at the RoadBook from the race website

Dr Winston replied to MinardiM189 | 5 years ago
0 likes

MinardiM189 wrote:

Dr Winston wrote:

Do you have a decent link for a preview Minardi?....I've only really looked at cyclingstages so far...and that's a bit thin...

I was looking at the RoadBook from the race website

I'll look in the morning. On a crappy old Ipad at the moment with an operating system from 1978 I think....hard work.

Actually a lot of options in this race, we could easily call it right and get it wrong....so to speak.

What do you make of Pogacar and his TT abilities?....he did well last time...A one off?...He's intriguing me again.

0 likes

Dr Winston wrote:

I'll look in the morning. On a crappy old Ipad at the moment with an operating system from 1978 I think....hard work.

Actually a lot of options in this race, we could easily call it right and get it wrong....so to speak.

What do you make of Pogacar and his TT abilities?....he did well last time...A one off?...He's intriguing me again.

I suspect he has been working on his ITT over the winter. He has probably done wind tuneel testing too and so a big improvement isn't a complete surprise.

Look at Bettiol in Tirreno-Adriatico.

Dan Martin could surprise tomorrow too, he has spent time in the wind tunnel this winter.

0 likes

MinardiM189 wrote:

Dr Winston wrote:

I suspect he has been working on his ITT over the winter. He has probably done wind tuneel testing too and so a big improvement isn't a complete surprise.

Look at Bettiol in Tirreno-Adriatico.

Dan Martin could surprise tomorrow too, he has spent time in the wind tunnel this winter.

Quite a few have upped their game. Fuglsang, Alaphillipe, Martinez, Yates and co all pulling rabbits out of hats...

MinardiM189 | 5 years ago
0 likes

It is likely to be wet early in the week too, which always seems to play a part in Itzulia. It could come down to taking risks on a wet descent in the ITT.

Movistar are likely to be playing catch up after the ITT, which could make it interesting and Astana have a very strong team and are always likely to make things crazy. I'm really looking forard to this race.

0 likes

MinardiM189 wrote:

It is likely to be wet early in the week too, which always seems to play a part in Itzulia. It could come down to taking risks on a wet descent in the ITT.

Movistar are likely to be playing catch up after the ITT, which could make it interesting and Astana have a very strong team and are always likely to make things crazy. I'm really looking forard to this race.

That opening TT is a good one...hard to call...and made even harder that there are quite a few climbers with a decent TT in their lockers now. Maybe just have to let the game unfold rather than planning anything.

0 likes

Dr Winston wrote:

MinardiM189 wrote:

That opening TT is a good one...hard to call...and made even harder that there are quite a few climbers with a decent TT in their lockers now. Maybe just have to let the game unfold rather than planning anything.

Looks a nicley balanced ITT - 6.3km flat, 2.3km steep hill, 3.1km fast technical descent

Pages

Latest Comments