Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

privacy setting

Hi

Was wondering if there was anything i could do to prevent the privacy acknoledgement  from popping up anytime i enter site or when negotiaring the site as its really annoying saying i agree     everytime. 

Thanks and look forward to another season of fantasy cycling 

Steffan

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

12 comments

Kendo | 5 years ago
0 likes

Thanks Tony. No ad blocker here. The only thing I can think of is "Do not track" is enabled on Chrome, but I don't get the same issue elsewhere (Inc other forums).

Tony Farrelly | 5 years ago
0 likes

While this isn't going to be the case for everyone the most likely explanation for getting the popup on every page load on road.cc seems to be if you are running an ad-blocker – apparently because some blockers won't accept the cookie from the popup that tells the pop-up your preference has been logged so it's treating you as a new user on every page load. 

If you're having this problem and you're not using an ad blocker let us know and we'll chase it up with the ad network - the pop-ups are theirs.

To be fair to the ad networks they do seem reasonably committed to making these pop-ups work better (with a bit of nagging) but given the nature of their business it's probably a stretch to expect them to go out of their way to make the popup work better with an ad blocker any time soon. 

ktache | 5 years ago
0 likes

chrome on a pc, happens more than I would like.

Kendo | 5 years ago
0 likes

Chrome 71.0.3578.99 on Android 8.1.0
Privacy notice on every single page navigation.
Also, I have to switch to 'classic' from 'smartphone' to see page numbers (e.g. review section), which then reverts back to smartphone.
So a typical navigation experience for me goes: page click, accept privacy notice, switch to classic, accept privacy notice, navigate to page 2, accept privacy notice... You get the picture.

number9dream replied to Kendo | 5 years ago
0 likes

Kendo wrote:

Chrome 71.0.3578.99 on Android 8.1.0 Privacy notice on every single page navigation. Also, I have to switch to 'classic' from 'smartphone' to see page numbers (e.g. review section), which then reverts back to smartphone. So a typical navigation experience for me goes: page click, accept privacy notice, switch to classic, accept privacy notice, navigate to page 2, accept privacy notice... You get the picture.

Sounds similar to me but as i wish to reject all of these cookies and tracking it takes an extra 5 pages of rejecting each time and often crashes the app completely (firefox focus). I'm starting to not visit road.cc on the phone now. 

JC | 5 years ago
0 likes

I get it on Google chrome EVERY time I change pages 

Both on the Fantasy site and the normal Road CC site

I get it on both my laptop and on my anroid/ google phone

Jimbonic | 5 years ago
0 likes

It's all part of the recent GPDR (I think that's the right abbreviation for the data protection regs) legislation. It's a badly thought out piece of crap law, as it basically doesn't change anything. If, like me, you decided to do the right thing and go through the steps of accepting or rejecting what the companies can do with your data, then you will have quickly come to the conclusion that it forces you to accept something you're not entirely happy with or spend the rest of your life ticking check boxes!

So, nothing has changed with regard to our data protection in reality.....

Gkam84 replied to Jimbonic | 5 years ago
0 likes

Jimbonic wrote:

It's all part of the recent GPDR (I think that's the right abbreviation for the data protection regs) legislation. It's a badly thought out piece of crap law, as it basically doesn't change anything. If, like me, you decided to do the right thing and go through the steps of accepting or rejecting what the companies can do with your data, then you will have quickly come to the conclusion that it forces you to accept something you're not entirely happy with or spend the rest of your life ticking check boxes!

So, nothing has changed with regard to our data protection in reality.....

Nothing has changed really, apart from being blocked from reading sites in the likes of America, who have decided that because the new EU regulations, they'll just geo-block us instead

brooksby | 5 years ago
0 likes

I mainly use the Microsoft Edge browser on a desktop, and I get that 'privacy notice' popup every time I navigate to a new page and every time the page refreshes because I've posted a comment.  I reckon its probably a cookie issue, tbh.

On my phone (older iPhone) I use the Safari browser, and have started using something called the Brave browser (ad-blocker, sorry - otherwise the site is completely unusable due to all the adverts).  On both of those I don't get the 'privacy notice' popup but I do suffer from the site randomly reloading the page in the whizzy new 'non-classic' version so I have to then go and select 'classic' version again... 

Gkam84 | 5 years ago
0 likes

I get it every time I come to the site on the first page I hit on Google Chrome. 

I haven't tried it on other browsers because I mainly use Chrome. Everytime I shut down Chrome and restart it and come back to Road.cc I get the same pop up.

naffets | 5 years ago
0 likes

Hi Dave
Thanks for the response.
It seems to be happening on my google chrome book which is fairly new.
It seems to be ok now on my android phone.
Just wondered if there was anything i could do my end.
Thanks again Stef

dave atkinson | 5 years ago
0 likes

what device are you seeing that on? it shouldn't happen. but it sometimes does.

Latest Comments