Home

Only 36 points seperating the top three going into the last three stages - exciting!

38 comments

Condor Andy [537 posts] 4 months ago
1 like

Great reading the banter in here! Awesome seeing a competitive season coming to a very competitive end. Here's to another great season next year. I binned it in a few comps so I need to improve consistency.

I agree Minardi, very impressive from Dr Winston!

Dr Winston [280 posts] 4 months ago
1 like
MinardiM189 wrote:
enrique wrote:

You guys are so amazing!  1 Wow!  1 I'm impressed!  1 I wish there was a page where we could have each person's competition listed - like  it would say the Overall League 1st place and then show - for example - 3rd place Spring Classics - 4th place Giro DÍtalia - 1st place Tour de france - 2nd place Vuleta Espana - and so on - but showing the Top 5 or 10 competitors only. What consistency! How do you guys do it? sad  yes I see Minardi's about to win the Guanxi Tour!  1

Best performance this year has probably been Dr Winston's debut season. He won the Vuleta competition and has finished top 10 in both Standard and Purist competitions. An excellent performance.

Very kind of you Minardi. I won Catalunya as well btw but the Vuelta was a real peach for me in my first year. By far the hardest race to actually play, imo,  due to the never ending switches between summits, sprints and rolleurs...so i needed more than my fair share of luck with that one...and got it.

triccky100 [158 posts] 4 months ago
1 like

Well to keep it interesting I have gone a little bit left field with this:

FELIX GROSSCHARTNER (BOH) 

PASCAL ACKERMANN (BOH) 

FABIO JAKOBSEN (QST) 

DYLAN GROENEWEGEN (TLJ) 

GIANNI MOSCON (SKY) 

RICCARDO MINALI (AST) 

RAMON SINKELDAM (FDJ) 

CLEMENT VENTURINI (ALM) 

Demare is out so looks like SINKELDAM will sprint (hopefully!). Have kept GROSSCHARTNER instead of using that budget to put in someone like Walscheid, could be an inspired a choice or the final nail in the coffin!!

And yes wonderful season by Dr Winston, kudos. 

Dr Winston [280 posts] 4 months ago
1 like
triccky100 wrote:

Well to keep it interesting I have gone a little bit left field with this:

FELIX GROSSCHARTNER (BOH) 

PASCAL ACKERMANN (BOH) 

FABIO JAKOBSEN (QST) 

DYLAN GROENEWEGEN (TLJ) 

GIANNI MOSCON (SKY) 

RICCARDO MINALI (AST) 

RAMON SINKELDAM (FDJ) 

CLEMENT VENTURINI (ALM) 

Demare is out so looks like SINKELDAM will sprint (hopefully!). Have kept GROSSCHARTNER instead of using that budget to put in someone like Walscheid, could be an inspired a choice or the final nail in the coffin!!

And yes wonderful season by Dr Winston, kudos. 

Oh my days Tricky. Really good picks. Just looked at Tony's team and his transfers. No idea who wins but you have enough diffs to make it a fight. 

triccky100 [158 posts] 4 months ago
1 like

oh well, was not even close in the end, well played Tony!

MinardiM189 [192 posts] 4 months ago
2 likes
triccky100 wrote:

oh well, was not even close in the end, well played Tony!

Luck just wasn't with you.

The crash yesterday stopped Venturini doing much better & Wouters finishing last was cruel.

tony kappler [190 posts] 4 months ago
1 like

Thanks Tricky.  It is interesting seeing the same guys hovering at the top year after year; we mustn't have a life.

4th in purist was my best ever; I'll work on that next year. And congrats to Bob (Tingo) who held off a late challenge.

Considering my last 4 years (in premium) overall season league results were 1st (2015), 3rd (2016), 1st (2017) and 1st (2018), I thought I should write a book, "how to win at road.cc", or maybe I should just retire and give you other guys a chance.

I have enjoyed being part of the admin team. The extra attention you pay to the details of the race, translates to more informed choices and better transfer strategies. Thanks once again to Condor Andy (huge workload) and Dave.

Hope to see you in Adelaide in January. Stay safe.

Cheers

Tony Kappler

Sniffer [558 posts] 4 months ago
0 likes
tony kappler wrote:

Thanks Tricky.  It is interesting seeing the same guys hovering at the top year after year; we mustn't have a life.

4th in purist was my best ever; I'll work on that next year. And congrats to Bob (Tingo) who held off a late challenge.

Considering my last 4 years (in premium) overall season league results were 1st (2015), 3rd (2016), 1st (2017) and 1st (2018), I thought I should write a book, "how to win at road.cc", or maybe I should just retire and give you other guys a chance.

I have enjoyed being part of the admin team. The extra attention you pay to the details of the race, translates to more informed choices and better transfer strategies. Thanks once again to Condor Andy (huge workload) and Dave.

Hope to see you in Adelaide in January. Stay safe.

Cheers

Tony Kappler

Well done Tony.  For the last couple of seasons I have checked your team after each stage as I know you are the benchmark.  You win because you get the tough calls right more often than others.

I have thoroughly enjoyed this year and will be back for the TDU.  Thanks to those that put the work in to make it possible for all.

Pages