Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

OVERALL SEASON LEAGUE

Only 36 points seperating the top three going into the last three stages - exciting!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

38 comments

tony kappler | 5 years ago
1 like

Minardi, yes the purist overall comp is very interesting; the gap to 1st has closed considerably due to Bob not having Jacobsen. My only hope is that a 20 man breakaway wins stage 4, otherwise I think Bob will hang on, with Dope Strong 2nd. Sorry.

Dr Winston replied to tony kappler | 5 years ago
1 like

tony kappler wrote:

Minardi, yes the purist overall comp is very interesting; the gap to 1st has closed considerably due to Bob not having Jacobsen. My only hope is that a 20 man breakaway wins stage 4, otherwise I think Bob will hang on, with Dope Strong 2nd. Sorry.

Crikey...that's interesting. I wonder what motivated him not to get Jakobsen?...A very safe pick along with Ackermann and Groenewegen who were good for pts in 5/6 stages. Surely it should have been those chasing that went for the riskier picks in the hope they did better than the safe picks (probably forlorn)...

MinardiM189 replied to tony kappler | 5 years ago
1 like

tony kappler wrote:

Looks like Bob will hang on now, Visconti didn't do anything.

I need Trentin to crash and Ben Swift to show up in the last 2 stages to have any chance.

If Kragh Andersen goes well tomorrow DopeStrong could be in with a shout. I fancy Jakobsen again tomorrow.

MinardiM189 | 5 years ago
1 like

Two seasons ago the standard competition was decided on the last day of the season & the long standing leader lost out by just one point.

I won last season's purist because the guy above me didn't renew his enrolment and missed last years Tour of Guangxi.

Dr Winston replied to MinardiM189 | 5 years ago
1 like

MinardiM189 wrote:

Two seasons ago the standard competition was decided on the last day of the season & the long standing leader lost out by just one point.

I won last season's purist because the guy above me didn't renew his enrolment and missed last years Tour of Guangxi.

Struggled all season with the purist game Minardi...Early season saw me picking every drop out in the game...or so it seemed. I ended up with just two riders in one game. I was only around 50th for a long time. 

Standard game has been great though. I won two and was very close in three or four others..

All in all i'm really happy with 6th overall (?) for my first season despite making a bit of a bllx of the last three.

Dr Winston | 5 years ago
1 like

Also.....Gonna be very interesting to see who picks what riders today. One of those three players in contention has to NOT pick one of/two of/all of Uran/Moscon/Vuillermoz and instead go for something like Sanchez/Chernetckii/Schachmann...it won't mean they are any less knowledgable but replicating what those above you will likely go for won't win the race...

Dr Winston | 5 years ago
1 like

It's been a great race all season Minardi. I got up to third with a 120pt defecit but i've blown it these past couple of weeks through having to pick diffs over what i thought the two above me would pick...and with two others breathing down my neck as well.... 

Kelderman and Demare did for me as well...

MinardiM189 | 5 years ago
1 like

Yes. The lead has changed once already during Tour of Guangxi.

Demare wasn't a great pick for Triccky.

I blew my chances choosing Kelderman instead of Simon Yates for 4 stages of the Vuelta.

Hoping I can get back up to 2nd in the purist. Probably depends on Visconti tomorrow.

Pages

Latest Comments