Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Cannondale Super 6 Evo 105 5 Road Bike (2015) or 2015 giant defy advanced 2

The time is coming to change my defy 5 for something lighter/better,
Now I've had my heart set on a new defy advanced for a few months now, however I'm a big fan of cannondale, having owned plenty of cannondale mtb's in the past. I've seen a 2015 super six evo 5 105 reduced to £1125. It looks a lot nicer than the giant colour scheme wise but has a couple of drawbacks,
Rim brakes to start, I know it's love hate with disc/rim brakes and I've asked the question on here recently. Also has shimano rs11 wheels which they say are sluggish,
I'm relatively new to roadie biking. Is the dale the better deal between the two bikes or should I stick to my guns and go for the defy with disc brakes etc.
Anyone got a super six evo5 who can let me know what there like?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

Lee170 | 8 years ago
0 likes

I've bit the bullet and bought a dale supersix evo, it felt so much more comfier and right.
Can't wait to get out on it

adam900710 | 8 years ago
0 likes

As Nixster mentioned, the comparison is more like you need a race-ready bike or a do-it-all bike.

Although unlike OP, I'm quite happy with Giant, mainly because my LBS are all selling Giant or Merida only, almost no western brand like Trek/Cannondale.  2

Personally, I'd like to choose Defy as I already have TCR advanced, but the disc brake and QR/TA standards is still not settled, I would like to wait for some time until their debates on QR/TA is done. And Defy Advanced is announced a little early, before flat mount standard is out...

Despite such things, I didn't see any problem choosing Defy.

It's always good to try something new, like choosing SuperSix to experience the real and classic racy geometry. Although I'm not a fan of BB30 anyway...

Super Six is also one alternative before I choosing TCR advanced. So it's should also be good enough.

Lee170 | 8 years ago
0 likes

I am using Westbrook, I've reserved the dale super six, can you send the link please.

Thanks a lot for the help

Nixster | 8 years ago
0 likes

Apples and oranges although either would be good choices.

The Supersix is a race bike with weight, geometry and stiffness to suit, the Defy is more relaxed in terms of geometry and more compliant, as well as more of a do it all bike. Which is not to say that you wouldn't get on with either it just depends what compromises you are happy to make.

Supersix plus say RS81 wheels would be a fine fast machine if you get on with the fit, IMHO of course.

Latest Comments