Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

butterfly bars

Want to do a bit of touring next year. I have a Kona Dew Deluxe and was wondering if Butterfly Bars might be more comfortable for multi hour/day riding.
Your experiences please.

cheers
in advance  39

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

2 comments

thebikeboy | 15 years ago
0 likes

I was only thinking at the weekend that you don't see butterfly bars much any more - not that you ever did in this country I suppose. They certainly give a more upright position and plenty of alternative handholds. I've ridden on them a few times and while they do feel pretty weird at first you do get used to them - they've always been popular on the trekking bikes they like on the continent. I'm not sure that there is any great advantage over a comfortable set of drops, and for a more upright position you can always flip the stem or add some spacers. Where there might be an advantage is that there might be less faffing involved in fitting them…

BigDummy replied to thebikeboy | 15 years ago
0 likes

Might be worth a try? They provide a very comfy basic position and a couple of useful cruising holds.

Jon

Latest Comments