If you want to participate in this year's Dragon Ride then entries open 9am tomorrow, Thursday 10 October.
If previous years are anything to go by then if you don't get on your laptop over your bacon sandwich then you'll be crying into your tiffin later, because it'll be full. Yes, even at those prices. It's a popular ride, this one.
What's new for this year? Well, Medio and Gran Fondo distances, the staple of the Dragon, are back, plus a 45lm Corto ride and a Women-only Cycletta event over the same course. And there's now a 300km Devil distance too, taking in 3,437m of climbing. Entries for that one are very limited, and at £87.50 a go it's the most expensive sportive we know. If you know otherwise, do let us know...
The start and finish will once again be from Margam Park. The routes are Available to view on the event website where you'll also find the entry link tomorrow. Here's the full list of routes and prices:
Corto 45km (total climbing 397m) £32.50
Medio Fondo 152km (total climbing 2,060m) £52.50
Gran Fondo 222km (total climbing 2,905m) £57.50
Dragon Devil 300km (total climbing 3,437m) £87.50
WomenOnly Cycletta 45km (total climbing 397m) £32.50
And here's what you get included with your entry fee:
• Online entry and secure credit card payment facilities
• Regular email newsletter
• Riders pack posted out prior to the event. No need to register on the day of the ride
• Free car parking at the start/finish venue
• Electronic timing with disposable chip that you don't need to return after the ride
• Route signage, en-route information
• Mechanical support
• Motorcycle marshalling by NEG Wales/UK
• First aid cover by St John Ambulance
• Feed stations with water, energy drink, sweet and/or savoury food
• Course recovery for rider and bike
• Gold, Silver and Bronze timing standards for age and gender
• Finisher's medal
• Event memento
• Pasta party
• Live music and entertainment at event village
• SMS results
• Online results in alphabetical order
I've been out all day. I know there were some at the bottom of this article and now gone missing. Don't know what else
Does your local police force accept video evidence from pedestrians?...
Obviously we can't be angry at him because he might have been an emergency worker or carrying a fridge or [insert other whatabout here]....
Yeah...only this article, and Dr Morrish's very sensible comments, have absolutely nothing to do with ebikes in any way, shape or form. He's...
Oh great - sounds like another call for a pointless 100-post thread!...
However, that doesn't seem to be what most trans athletes desire - as I understand it they wish to be treated the same as if they had been assigned...
What brand do you use now?
Exactly this. When I started cycling with the other half, it was shocking how much agression she received from motorists just by being there....
Eastbourne: fire crews at scene after car crashes into house...
Read as: profitable and delayed....