Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Whoop - sleep tracking & training/recovery device

Anyone got a Whoop and any advice on them?

Interested in finding out more, is it worth it for a hobbyist cyclist that doesnt compete or is it more for people that are seriously into their training etc.

Im training to do a big charity event in the summer so could make use of one until then however beyond that when ill be more relaxed around my cycling im not sure of the requirement by then.

Other option is upgrading my apple watch to a version that has good sleep tracking capabilities (my current apple watch doesnt do this). 

Any advice appreciated!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

2 comments

jaymack | 1 year ago
1 like

A decent night's sleep is nature's secret weapon. However a monitor is most certainly a snake oil purchase 'cos, amongst other things, information isn't the same as knowledge. If you're desperate to spend some money to improve your performance you can't do much better than spending £9.99 on a copy of Christie Aschwanden's excellent book 'Good to Go'.

Owd Big 'Ead | 1 year ago
2 likes

Snake oil!
It is possible under laboratory conditions to monitor sleeping states accurately.
Anything you wear on your wrist will be so far out as to be worthless in the information it gives you.

Latest Comments