Shimano pedal overtightening

I needed to replace some of the ballbearings in my shimano pedal which was easy enough and I adjusted the cone/locknut correctly. After riding I noticed the pedal was stiff so I reopened to find the cone/locknut had both screwed in tighter. Can anyone give me some advice please?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Latest Comments

• eburtthebike 0 sec ago

My own research showed the opposite, and most people think that helmets are effective in collision with a vehicle; not at 60mph perhaps, but many...

• TheBillder 5 min 31 sec ago

I'm no expert and can't help on the value or mending the frame, but I think the decal on the seat tube is 1989 onwards and if the brakes are...

• HiFi 6 min 27 sec ago

Sigh. Click www.instagram.com/thanksshimano

• cqexbesd 18 min 3 sec ago

I don't think its road.cc. It may however be Youtube and the settings used by the uploader - the original footage might be clearer. One thing I...

• Sriracha 23 min 25 sec ago

Boardman is not trading "safe" vs "feeling safe". He absolutely is arguing for "safe", real safe, not just a feeling....

• hirsute 31 min 47 sec ago

Had a new one today. 30mph down hill in a 30. Got overtaken on a narrowish road with oncoming traffic ! Wasn't in primary as I didn't think it...

• Sriracha 40 min 9 sec ago

Ah, but if you were really hot... OK, let's not go there.

• Mathemagician 1 hour 43 min ago

Rim / wheel manufacturer will normally specify the max tyre size, but in the absence of that the image in this link suggest that yes, a 47mm wide...

• Secret_squirrel 1 hour 46 min ago

What sound do the Scribe and JRA freehubs make?  That might swing it for those who might want something quieter than Hunts. ...