Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

forum

Holding up the traffic

I was stuck behind this character on a narrow and twisty lane for miles and miles, something, something road tax, something, something cycle lane, something something move over.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

8 comments

Hirsute | 2 years ago
2 likes

No helmet !

Simon E replied to Hirsute | 2 years ago
5 likes

No seat belt or safety harness.

No hi-viz or PPE appropriate for the conditions

No lights.. I mean he's just ASKING to be run over.

But at least he wasn't speeding or colliding with a shop or house.

After the local steam rally on August bank holiday I often see / end up following one or more traction engines proceeding at walking pace. I like to think of it as a lesson in patience.

Returning from our brief foray to the Shropshire countryside yesterday, I chose to drive along a parallel back lane instead of the trunk road. Immediately came up behind a pair of cyclists riding 2 abreast (the cheek of it!) at <15mph for a mile or more.surprise

Instead of whingeing and getting annoyed because they didn't pull into one of a number of passing places and doff their caps to let us overtake, I said "well I chose to drive along this tiny lane, so no point moaning about having to drive slowly". It really was that simple (and the angry emoji above is provided merely for entertainment value).

Hirsute replied to Simon E | 2 years ago
0 likes

I thought the pink stood out !

Simon E replied to Hirsute | 2 years ago
1 like

hirsute wrote:

I thought the pink stood out !

You mean like a target? 

"Aim for the pink thing in the middle. You can't miss it!"

David9694 replied to Hirsute | 2 years ago
4 likes

This this happens to me EVERY time I go out.  Can't move for traction engines around here. I should definitely go and whinge about it on the internet. 

David9694 | 2 years ago
4 likes

Insurance, mumble, registration

kil0ran replied to David9694 | 2 years ago
1 like

Bit early for the Great Dorset Steam Fair. Oh how I love it when those come through Fordingbridge and struggle up Station Hill.

chrisonabike replied to David9694 | 2 years ago
4 likes

Holding up traffic, should stick to the traction engine lane, does he think he's at a steam rally?  Burning fossil fuel and causing pollution, no indicators and doesn't even pay road tax, they're all driven by carnies anyway, one nearly killed me once - blew its whistle next to me and I nearly had a heart attack...

Latest Comments