Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Is there ever a good time for 3/4 length bibshorts?

I've eschewed the 3/4 length bibshort. It seems such a half-way house between the standard and full-length bibshort. If it's warm standard shorts apply and if it is cold, then full-length ones sort that out.....and if there is any doubt then having the leg warmers covers the bases.

But this year, with the onset of autumn I've been thinking about 3/4 length for a change. Perhaps I don't want my porridge too hot, nor too cold, but just right.

I thought I would do a quick straw-poll as to what your thoughts are, yay or nay? At point when the mercury dips do you decide on these?

OR should I apply rule #5?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

36 comments

harman_mogul | 10 years ago
0 likes

Very useful. Decided could do without 'em and just use knee warmers, but changed my mind. Knee warmers are a fiddle.

robert.brady | 10 years ago
0 likes

Knee warmers. Cheaper and more versatile. I've been wearing mine for weeks and it'll be a while before it's cold enough for tights.

Rob

Rushie | 10 years ago
0 likes

If you have iffy knees like I do then 3/4s will help. Someone recommended me the Endura FS260Pros and mine are still going strong 4 years later. I recently bought the Endura Equipe's which have a fleece backing and are comfy but tbh I can't help thinking I should just have got another pair of the 260s.

I too was a non-believer until I tried them.

jezzzer | 10 years ago
0 likes

I flipping love 'em.

jackdawmagpie | 10 years ago
0 likes

I find it comes between being a glass-half-full and a glass-half-empty kind of situation.

Raleigh | 10 years ago
0 likes

Yeah, if in doubt, #5

Pages

Latest Comments