Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Rookie league, new player questions and discussions

Hello all you new players!

So that you can test yourself against other new players and see where you stand against people with the same level of experience as you I've set up a new player league!

The "road.cc Rookie League" is for people in their first year of fantasy cycling can be found by heading to the 'Leagues' tab on the fantasy cycling section of the site.  Click on the "Got a league ID? Click here to join a new league..." button and type in 77088 which is the league's id number.

If you're new please join in and if you have any questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

117 comments

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Popular rider: in 15% or more teams for the last stage
In-form: has a form average of 8 or above for the previous 5 scoring stages
Dream team: in the dream team for the last stage, ie the nine highest scoring riders

Nix | 9 years ago
0 likes

Is it possible to keep changing my team up to the lockout?
For example if I pick a Giro team now, save it and press green button, will I be able to change it again still before lockout?
Or is there some other way to save a non-finalised team and come back to it and make more changes a bit later?

stonechat | 9 years ago
0 likes

I probably don't make enough changes unless someone abandons
Still have not done too badly with Froome Yates Kelderman Van den Broeck and Westra all scoring
On the minus side Atapuma has not figured at all

stonechat | 9 years ago
0 likes

Still have not done too badly with Froome Yates Kelderman Van den Broeck and Westra all scoring

stonechat | 9 years ago
0 likes

stonechat | 9 years ago
0 likes

Woohoo!
Westra wins today
Scored 161 and really quite new to this
in the Rookie league for Dauphine only now 7th

biker_seth | 9 years ago
0 likes

Hey this may be rather obvious but do you ever get more points to spend on your team? Like if my guy wins stage 1 of TDF do I get more "money" to get better racers?

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

Fraid not mate.

northstar | 9 years ago
0 likes

Do the women's badges count towards the overall total?

Greendog | 9 years ago
0 likes

Hey admin or someone that can help, I joined the Australian League, it's listed in my leagues when I log in but it doesn't give my position in that particular league. (It does for the other leagues I'm in) I have tried leaving the league and joining again but still the same problem.  39 :

Red's Riders | 9 years ago
0 likes

Hi,

I have a question...... I have joined the Vue fantasy league, and have joined a private league. However, on my team page I don't have any score updates at all, an it says that I haven't joined a league yet.

Got any ideas? I have shown the league administrator and he is also clueless, but still smart.  39

Abbie | 9 years ago
0 likes

Okay its a bit late on in the day. And I should probably know this already. But when there's a few Races happening at once, how do I change between Events to look at the league tables for the desired results. It just seems to be stuck on Autumn Classics. and I can't look back.
Cheers Abbie

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

There are tabs at the top - HOME, ACL, VUE etc etc. On each one of those when you click through your ranking etc are bottom right.

Mike.Franchetti | 9 years ago
0 likes

I've finally got myself logged on in time for a full season and I am just upgrading to premium for the first time- but I'm not quite sure what happens next.

I wouldn't quite call myself a rookie- I spent more hours than I care to share juggling my Tour/Vuelta teams last year- but how does the rest of the season work? Are there leagues for each event + an overall one?

Do the majority play in one massive league? And what about stage-by-stage transfers? Do people tinker each day?

_Kasper | 9 years ago
0 likes

I wouldn't say that I am a complete rookie, but I am having some trouble figuring out where to get my information.
What sites and info are people basing their picks on? Procyclingstats and steephill are good and all, but I can't really find a decent site that helps me analyze the actual stages and races. I try to keep up, but it quickly gets overwhelming. I realize that this comment could be construed as cheating by some people, therefore no obligation to answer if you don't feel you want to share your secrets  16

Brodie | 9 years ago
0 likes

Hey everyone,

I'm a complete noob to this fantasy cycling business. I have experience in other fantasy sports so was wondering what the finicky strategies are here. I've already noticed that I should have waited much longer before picking my team to start the Spring Classics as two roster changes later I've wasted about 10 transfers. So waiting until the last minute to pick riders seems to be one thing to keep in mind.
I'll admit I haven't scoured the forum for previous posts relating to strategies, I'll do that soon so you don't have to respond again if it's already out there. Thanks.

thomas. | 8 years ago
0 likes

How does the Popular Rider tag work? I notice that Valverde, Froome, Rodriguez, Nibali, Gallopin, Martin, Yates, Bouhanni and Terpstra all apear as Popular Riders in the game. Does the Popular Rider tag count all riders in all teams in the current competition, including Purist teams? Thanks.

Nee-nee | 8 years ago
0 likes

Are there any leagues just for the Tour de France? I thought I had a good score but then realised others had over 20,000 as they have played before.

Joelsim | 8 years ago
0 likes

Yes. From the dashboard you click into Tour De France Standard, and then access your leagues from there. If you access from the dashboard you will get the season competition rather than the specific race.

daca217 | 7 years ago
0 likes

Hi, rookie here with a standard account.  I don't see the Vuelta a España as a competition I can join.  Is this only for premium members?  It starts in like 4 days, and I would expect I'd be able to sign up for it at this time.  Help!

Robley97 | 5 years ago
0 likes

Hello 

This is my first competition i am doing and i was wondering do you pick your team based on what the stage is or do you pick your team for the overall competiton. 

For example for a flat stage would you have a team of Sprinters or would you have riders like froome and nibali etc...

Many Thanks

Andrew

TacoPowerPhD | 5 years ago
0 likes

Didn't want to create a new thread for this question so hopefully it won't be missed in here.

Every time we try to create a league for this season the only person the user sees in the league is themselves. So for me I only see myself and for the other member they only see themselves. It doesn't seem to matter who makes the league.

The site leagues are appearing as normal it's just the custom ones this is occuring on. Any ideas why this is happening?

tony kappler | 5 years ago
0 likes

Taco,

Is the league public or private? If it is public, can I ask what it is called?

Once you have joined a league, all members should be able to see all other members. That is certainly the case in the public league I have created.

I presume members are pressing the "join a league" (green) button on the Dashboard page.

For private leagues, members who wish to join must put in the league ID and it must be approved by the league administrator. (But scores are only added after the next stage update).

Hope this helps. There is obviously some critical step you are missing. Maybe you need to list in great detail the steps you are going through.

Cheers

dai basta | 5 years ago
0 likes

Hi, Rookie's question!

Are there the details of my rider's points?  For example, MAS hits 12 points today... how? Is it written somewhere?
Thanks in advance

enrique | 5 years ago
1 like

I think it would be really nice to add the Stage number to the 'Stages' page so you could easily identify the stage by its number and not have to look for it by start or finish town or date!  1 Please?...  1

StarLord | 4 years ago
0 likes

Hello ... I just created an account and join one of the public leauge.

In following the instructions as noted under http://fantasy.road.cc/howto, Icannot seem to locate the the "Pick team" page.  

Does there have to be an active competition for the "Pick team" page to appear.  As the Giro just ended, I have to wait for Criterium Dauphine to start? If so, when will the Dauphine be listed under Current Competition?

Thanks

teckert | 4 years ago
0 likes

teams can be finalised very last minute for varying reasons.

Here's a list so far, not sure how updated it is though.... https://www.cyclingstage.com/criterium-du-dauphine-2019/riders-cdd-2019/

Condor Andy | 4 years ago
0 likes

Well basically, out of a start list that should contain 154 people, there are only 2 teams with provisionally completed rosters, 1 with 6 riders, 1 with 5, 7 with 4, and the rest have fewer. So the start list is provisionally half complete. Usually it's better than this with a full provisional start list that we can enter and then fire up the competition. I'm expecting it to be updated in the next 24 hours and then we can open things up, but I'm not doing it yet. As long as it's relatively complete, the comp will be open, even with later changes.

TERatcliffe26 replied to tamcrock | 10 years ago
0 likes
tamcrock wrote:

I've just seen there's a Rookie League for bumblers like me. Awesome! Will my TDU results count (I had some cracking beginners luck) or is it only scores from the time I join?

Your scores will count in a league even if you join after an event

monica replied to Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

Popular rider: in 15% or more teams for the last stage
In-form: has a form average of 8 or above for the previous 5 scoring stages
Dream team: in the dream team for the last stage, ie the nine highest scoring riders

Ok. Got it. I appreciate it. I mistakenly thought popular riders referred to the current stage. Had it wrong in my head. Thanks, Gkam.

Pages

Latest Comments