Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Rookie league, new player questions and discussions

Hello all you new players!

So that you can test yourself against other new players and see where you stand against people with the same level of experience as you I've set up a new player league!

The "road.cc Rookie League" is for people in their first year of fantasy cycling can be found by heading to the 'Leagues' tab on the fantasy cycling section of the site.  Click on the "Got a league ID? Click here to join a new league..." button and type in 77088 which is the league's id number.

If you're new please join in and if you have any questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

117 comments

StarLord | 4 years ago
0 likes

The Score ranking screen appears to show cumulative score of al the races a user entered.

Is it possible to view Score ranking by race (i.e. score for Criterium du Dauphine only)?

Thx

mckja800 | 4 years ago
0 likes

Hello,

I have a question about the scoring. Is there bonus points at the end of the grand tours for overall? So extra points for actually winning the yellow jersey for instance. Or is it just the same points for finishing a stage in the jersey? 

Thanks.

StarLord | 4 years ago
0 likes

Hello ... other than the Scoring info detailed in http://fantasy.road.cc/howto, is there a supplemental scoring rules?

Just the two below as an example, I can't account for the additional points

After stage 1 of 2019, Sagan earns 58 points.  He received 30 points for 2nd place, 6 points for intermediate sprint win.  where did 22 additional points come from? 

Wout van Aert earned 13 points; 5 points for 16th place plus 5 points for being on same team as stage winner.  Can't seem to account for the 3 additional points.

Thanks!

teckert | 4 years ago
0 likes

Without checking results, I think it might be for intermediate sprints?

Always check on each stage for exact scoring rules...

ie. http://fantasy.road.cc/stages?sid=10484

Anders Van Andermaet | 4 years ago
0 likes

hello there, is there a way of seeing the points scored per rider or per team in each of the scoring categories rather than the overall total e.g. you can see only the points scored in the kom competition?

Timrj17 | 4 years ago
0 likes

Hi. Help a newbie.

Very confused on scoring.

In rules says points for GC place from 1st to 15th. But Bernal for example scores 0 even though 7th?

Doesnt seem to be any benefit having GC riders in team.

More stage winners and jersey wearers only seem to score.

Can anyone explain?

MrSpoons | 4 years ago
0 likes

Hi, im a newbie, how do you select a team for the vuelta? Its not showing as current yet? Cheers

Dr Winston | 4 years ago
0 likes

Not sure who to direct this to...so to whoever.

Not been able to post much for weeks and haven’t known why until last night. It would seem I have been defaulting to something called “Rich text editor” on the forum which my IPad really doesn’t seem to like...and makes posting hard work...if at all. Don’t known if it’s something I have got set wrong on my iPad that makes in incompatible or maybe if it can be removed at your end. Maybe some others have had the same problem. 

Any thoughts?

Condor Andy replied to StarLord | 4 years ago
0 likes

campy4life wrote:

The Score ranking screen appears to show cumulative score of al the races a user entered.

Is it possible to view Score ranking by race (i.e. score for Criterium du Dauphine only)?

Thx

For each rider? The 'Overall' score is total points scored over a 12 month period. 'This Tour' is what they will score when the race starts. It's not possible to look at what was scored last year, and the line-up is different. I suggest looking here: https://www.procyclingstats.com/race/dauphine/2018/gc for how the race went last year, and then get involved in the race thread on the forum for what others think.

Sniffer replied to mckja800 | 4 years ago
0 likes

mckja800 wrote:

Hello,

I have a question about the scoring. Is there bonus points at the end of the grand tours for overall? So extra points for actually winning the yellow jersey for instance. Or is it just the same points for finishing a stage in the jersey? 

Thanks.

Just stage points for jerseys.  Nothing extra at the end.

MinardiM189 replied to StarLord | 4 years ago
0 likes

campy4life wrote:

Hello ... other than the Scoring info detailed in http://fantasy.road.cc/howto, is there a supplemental scoring rules?

Just the two below as an example, I can't account for the additional points

After stage 1 of 2019, Sagan earns 58 points.  He received 30 points for 2nd place, 6 points for intermediate sprint win.  where did 22 additional points come from? 

Wout van Aert earned 13 points; 5 points for 16th place plus 5 points for being on same team as stage winner.  Can't seem to account for the 3 additional points.

Thanks!

The top 15 riders score points in intermediate sprints in TdF game, an important thing to remember, sprinters can score on climbing stages if the int sprint is early.

Riders also score points for the GC, Points, Mountains, Young Rider clasifications at the ned of each stage.

Sagan scored 30(stage) + 15(int sprint) +9(GC) +4(points comp.) = 58

Van Aert scored 5(stage) + 5(winners team) + 3(young rider comp.) = 13

StarLord replied to teckert | 4 years ago
0 likes

teckert wrote:

Without checking results, I think it might be for intermediate sprints?

Always check on each stage for exact scoring rules...

ie. http://fantasy.road.cc/stages?sid=10484

Thanks teckert and MinardiM189.  I was not aware that stage rules are noted under each stage ... am now.  Thanks again.

Spirit Merchants replied to Anders Van Andermaet | 4 years ago
0 likes

Anders Van Andermaet wrote:

hello there, is there a way of seeing the points scored per rider or per team in each of the scoring categories rather than the overall total e.g. you can see only the points scored in the kom competition?

This is a question I also have!  Would there be a way to see the categorical breakdown of the stage points? (race totals would be nice as well)

Seems like that should/would be a very functional part to have here...and perhaps I'm just missing it? 

Thanks!

teckert replied to Timrj17 | 4 years ago
0 likes

Timrj17 wrote:

Hi. Help a newbie. Very confused on scoring. In rules says points for GC place from 1st to 15th. But Bernal for example scores 0 even though 7th? Doesnt seem to be any benefit having GC riders in team. More stage winners and jersey wearers only seem to score. Can anyone explain?

Looks like Bernal has 9 pts from the stage.  Well thats what I got in purist. It should be the same throughout.

teckert replied to MrSpoons | 4 years ago
0 likes

MrSpoons wrote:

Hi, im a newbie, how do you select a team for the vuelta? Its not showing as current yet? Cheers

Sometimes games arent opened til a few days beforehand as teams dont finalise their squads too quickly...

The game will be opened soon and you will see it available to join on the main dashboard. If you have enabled game emails you will also get a notification of it opening.

teckert replied to Dr Winston | 4 years ago
0 likes

Dr Winston wrote:

Not been able to post much for weeks and haven’t known why until last night. It would seem I have been defaulting to something called “Rich text editor” on the forum which my IPad really doesn’t seem to like...and makes posting hard work...if at all. Don’t known if it’s something I have got set wrong on my iPad that makes in incompatible or maybe if it can be removed at your end. Maybe some others have had the same problem. 

Any thoughts?

You are able to switch between plain text and rich text editor just underneath the comment box.

Rich text just allows you to have more features like bold and underline  or in italics or insert links and emojis wink, while the plain text editor is a basic editor. 

Not sure why your ipad would not let you use the rich text editor though. I've still got an old 4th gen and its fine. You'l just have to keep it as the plain text.

StarLord replied to Condor Andy | 4 years ago
1 like

Condor Andy wrote:

For each rider? The 'Overall' score is total points scored over a 12 month period. 'This Tour' is what they will score when the race starts. It's not possible to look at what was scored last year, and the line-up is different. I suggest looking here: https://www.procyclingstats.com/race/dauphine/2018/gc for how the race went last year, and then get involved in the race thread on the forum for what others think.

Apologies, I was not clear with my question.  I was referring to score per user in a specific league.

I do see the rider score under "This Tour" under Rider Rankings, but I wanted to see user score for CdD per leauge for comparison purposes.  After navigating the site further, I now see that user scores are all zeroes, suggesting that user score is reset to zero for a given race per leauge.

cheers ... C4L

Dr Winston replied to teckert | 4 years ago
0 likes

teckert wrote:

Dr Winston wrote:

Any thoughts?

You are able to switch between plain text and rich text editor just underneath the comment box.

Rich text just allows you to have more features like bold and underline  or in italics or insert links and emojis wink, while the plain text editor is a basic editor. 

Not sure why your ipad would not let you use the rich text editor though. I've still got an old 4th gen and its fine. You'l just have to keep it as the plain text.

It’s very old....or at least the operating system is. I have a son with Down Syndrome who gets really upset if we update systems on his iPad or computer (he needs everything the same)...consequently the iPad (IOS)  I was using doesn’t even support the very old operating system anymore because it’s so out of date....so I actually have many issues. It’s fine now I know what was wrong...basically it struggled with whatever drives the rich txt editor. Oddly now that I know what it is and have changed it once or twice it actually works again when I change it back to rich text.

Speedy72 replied to StarLord | 4 years ago
0 likes

campy4life wrote:

Condor Andy wrote:

Apologies, I was not clear with my question.  I was referring to score per user in a specific league.

I do see the rider score under "This Tour" under Rider Rankings, but I wanted to see user score for CdD per leauge for comparison purposes.  After navigating the site further, I now see that user scores are all zeroes, suggesting that user score is reset to zero for a given race per leauge.

cheers ... C4L

yes, in my league, some people are doing purist and standard, and their score shows cumulative total, against other people who are just doing standard. Is it possible to just show standard scores for any players in a league, so we can get real comparison?

Condor Andy replied to Speedy72 | 4 years ago
1 like

Speedy72 wrote:

yes, in my league, some people are doing purist and standard, and their score shows cumulative total, against other people who are just doing standard. Is it possible to just show standard scores for any players in a league, so we can get real comparison?

The only thing I can think of for this is to alter the league options. Whoever set up the league can edit the league options to only include certain types of races and they can turn off purist if they want. Then it might be a good idea to have two leagues, one for standard and one for purist/total.

Spirit Merchants replied to Anders Van Andermaet | 4 years ago
0 likes

Anders Van Andermaet wrote:

This is a question I also have!  Would there be a way to see the categorical breakdown of the stage points? (race totals would be nice as well)

Seems like that should/would be a very functional part to have here...and perhaps I'm just missing it? 

Thanks!

Condor Andy replied to Timrj17 | 4 years ago
0 likes

Timrj17 wrote:

Hi. Help a newbie. Very confused on scoring. In rules says points for GC place from 1st to 15th. But Bernal for example scores 0 even though 7th? Doesnt seem to be any benefit having GC riders in team. More stage winners and jersey wearers only seem to score. Can anyone explain?

Rules say 1st to 10th score for GC riders, 1st to 5th for other jerseys. Bernal scored for GC and white jersey competition yesterday.

chrisdstripes | 10 years ago
0 likes

Hiya, the tour website startlists are often out of date (its not in their interests to advertise the fact that a top rider isn't going to be there), but there are a few websites eg Cycling Fever that tend to update theirs very regularly. Cav is definitely not currently listed for Qatar.

In general, the guys that run the game will load the startlist a week or so in advance with the best info they have available, and then make sure it is updated a couple of days before the race starts, and again asap if there are any last-minute changes. Its very rare indeed that they miss anything.

tamcrock | 10 years ago
0 likes

I've just seen there's a Rookie League for bumblers like me. Awesome! Will my TDU results count (I had some cracking beginners luck) or is it only scores from the time I join?

tamcrock | 10 years ago
0 likes

Ah, so I was late for work this morning and missed out on submitting a purist TDM team by about 45 seconds. (That ticking timer at the top is a bit stressful...)

Does that mean I'm out of the Purist comp for the entire TDM or can I pick a purist team later on? Whilst it explains that once you've picked a purist team you can't change any riders between stages it's not very clear in the instructions if the window will open again or not and I can start in stage 2.

Pretty sure I've bollocked it but does anyone know what the deal is??

Julie Danson | 10 years ago
0 likes

You should have asked Didge!!!
Or are you worried he'll copy your choices.

ray silvester | 10 years ago
0 likes

I just saw that you'd posted in this forum Julie and thought....what is the Forum's Scorum's Tour of Qatar champion and current FSUCI ranked #1 player doing posting in the rookie section....then breathed a sigh of relief as I saw you were answering not asking questions LOL  41

Twybaydos | 10 years ago
0 likes

I have a question re points, it's probably easiest to consider this just in the case of Tom Boonen:

I assume the rankings totals will be reappraised before Paris-Nice & Tirreno-Adriatico based on recent results. As Boonen won KBK I'd expect his base score to go up before Paris-Nice. If rankings are not going to change please shout.

Lets say Boonen wins two stages at Paris-Nice which would increase his score before the next 'competition' he is involved in (eg Tour de Suisse), but would the results of Paris-Nice or the classics thus far affect his price for the Ronde or Roubaix, or are they fixed now?

TL:DR - Are prices for the spring classics fixed up to Liege-Bastone-Liege?
- Are all rankings going to be adjusted before Paris-Nice?

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Prices are calculated per competition so Boonens value will be recalculated for Paris-Nice but that then won't change his value in the classics, all rider values in the classics are fixed now the competition is open and won't change even for the Ardennes races.

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

I do not know if there is a limit, popular means that X % have them in their team for the last stage/race.

I shall go find out what the % is.

Pages

Latest Comments