Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Vuelta al Pais Vasco - Stage 2

Gavazzi for the win? Had Impey down for this one, but tactics may be completely down to protecting Gerrans now.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

47 comments

livestrongnick | 11 years ago
0 likes

dropped Henao and Albisini. Brought in Gerrans and Costa to go with

Ratto
Gavazzi
Contador
Ulissi
Sammy S

Philip Unwin | 11 years ago
0 likes

Jelle 138

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Which Vanendert? I was under the impression both of them were riding.

0 likes

Advantage 4.33. Vanendert (Lotto) abandoned. Sorry to bore you but not working today, gotta do something

0 likes

Cardoso 2nd over the mountain. Good mistake  16

TERatcliffe26 replied to Philip Unwin | 11 years ago
0 likes
Philip Unwin wrote:

Cardoso 2nd over the mountain. Good mistake  16

Seems so its a few points at least, hopefully will do the same at the rest to protect the jersey for Txurruka

0 likes

Advantage 3.40, obviously likes his own company

0 likes

Txurruka has shot off the front again

0 likes

Bookwalter (BMC) non-starter

TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes

ive kept with my sprinters, Impey, Vichot, Wegmann, Ratto, Cardoso in hope, as this is the only stage they have a chance in. Plus im gonna need my 4 transfers for tomorrow

drheaton replied to TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

ive kept with my sprinters, Impey, Vichot, Wegmann, Ratto, Cardoso in hope, as this is the only stage they have a chance in. Plus im gonna need my 4 transfers for tomorrow

Wrong Cardoso, Manuel Cardoso is the sprinter, the one in this race (Andre) I believe is the climber of the two...

I have also made no changes, stuck to Impey, Gilbert, Albasini (who lost a load of time yesterday and may try for a break), Ratto and Geschke. Will probably use a couple of penalty transfers tonight and gut my team completely.

TERatcliffe26 replied to drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

Wrong Cardoso, Manuel Cardoso is the sprinter, the one in this race (Andre) I believe is the climber of the two...

I have also made no changes, stuck to Impey, Gilbert, Albasini (who lost a load of time yesterday and may try for a break), Ratto and Geschke. Will probably use a couple of penalty transfers tonight and gut my team completely.

Oh well, he is in my team, so maybe he can do something tomorrow then, should have brought Txurruka in, given up on this race already haha

chiv30 replied to TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:
drheaton wrote:
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

Oh well, he is in my team, so maybe he can do something tomorrow then, should have brought Txurruka in, given up on this race already haha

Yep same here bad start and not getting any better ....ill do my research on P-R instead  20

Stumps | 11 years ago
0 likes

I predict the same as yesterday, high pace throughout with most of the sprinters getting dropped before the run in to the line.

Well thats what i hope as i've picked my team without any sprinters in.  13

chrisdstripes | 11 years ago
0 likes

Impey and Gavazzi for me, and fingers crossed for my man Egoitz Garcia...

ray silvester replied to chrisdstripes | 11 years ago
0 likes
chrisdstripes wrote:

Nice one stripey!!

chrisdstripes replied to ray silvester | 11 years ago
0 likes
ray silvester wrote:
chrisdstripes wrote:

Nice one stripey!!

Thanks Ray - Orica have been good to me recently. Impey in was a last-minute transfer, so happy with that! Might be considering some penalty points for tomorrow now...

Pages

Latest Comments